How is 2G data transfer charged on 3G plans on Vodafone

• Thread starter Thread starter uumeshh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 18,965
ISP
MTNL
I just had this query that if I recharge my phone with a 3G data pack but surf the internet on phone on 2G network then
1. Do I get charged at pay as you use 2G rates of 10p/10kb?
2. Do I use up my limit of the 3G data pack that I have recharged?
I guess one of the two has to be applicable.. but which one??

I have the exact same query

uumeshh said:
I just had this query that if I recharge my phone with a 3G data pack but surf the internet on phone on 2G network then
1. Do I get charged at pay as you use 2G rates of 10p/10kb?
2. Do I use up my limit of the 3G data pack that I have recharged?
I guess one of the two has to be applicable.. but which one??
^ # 2. Which ever network you use. The data gets deducted from the pack you have activated ...

There is no extra data charges while you are on Vodafone 2G network. (When you have activated 3G data pack.)

same for roaming also.

amar said:
There is no extra data charges while you are on Vodafone 2G network. (When you have activated 3G data pack.)

same for roaming also.
This is the confusing bit. If only Vodafone could confirm what is true

No extra charges if you use 3G data pack when you're latched to 2G network.. The data gets deducted from your 3G pack..

so I guess, with the current offers, recharging for Rs 98 for a 3G pack valid for 1 month is better than recharging for Rs 95 for a 2G pack which is valid only for 21 days in Maharashtra circle. That is of course if your usage is low !!
himanshupant said:
This is the confusing bit. If only Vodafone could confirm what is true
The roaming thing is confirmed. You must be on Vodafone network while roaming. better do a manual network search than automatic as in auto mode your phone may jump over to a non vodafone network and burn a hole in your pocket.

same for roaming also.

If only Vodafone could confirm this ??

Back