How is MS Office 2007?

• Thread starter Thread starter boygr8
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 3,723
Definitely worth it...

You will find features that were there since Office 2000, but not being used since they were hidden in menus.

Just for a tiny moment there i thought you were being sarcastic :)

Other than being able to read those 'x' format docs that 2k7 generates by default...

not seeing why to upgrade from 2K3.

^^ better interface ??

i use openoffice writer all the time fulltime now :Dwas tough to move from o2k7 but ooo has this auto complete functionality which is much better than what office offered. o2k7 incidentally has completely removed autotext :D

not seeing why to upgrade from 2K3.

Almost all users I have seen are impressed by the GUI. If you remove GUI, you might as well use Tex.

Dunno man i been using that proggie since the DOS days..hasnt changed too much imo...still only use 20% of what it can do.Are you also using vista for this 'experience' too :)

Well office 2k7 is good , but from business point of view it makes no sense. No one needs its its new features. Heck , in my dads office in High Court they still use Redhat Linux over thinclients and OOO 1.0.3 , and are happy with it.

So one should consider upgrade only if you need the new features!!
Note: This doesnt apply for home users!! you know what I mean:P:rolleyes:

its more usable. makes doing things easier. i had prefer o2k7 over anything else any day... but i hate the missing auto text feature.

you can make Word 2k/3 read the 'x' formats by installing a plugin / utility provided by M$. Its up on their site! Am too lazy to search for it :P

i think the convertors are still in beta...what i am waiting for are the plugins for ooo.

I upgraded Office 2003 to 2007 a few months back - hated the interface - rolled it back. Saying almost everyone loves the new interface is incorrect.
If it were so tools like this one wouldn't be developed. I don't see the point of spending years getting familiar with something to turn it on its head overnight, not unless you're accomplishing something radical by making this change.

Back