How is your ISP doing with increased traffic due to the COVID-19?

• Thread starter Thread starter JB701
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 616
  • Views Views 51,102
On WiFi 2x2 radio during peak hours

E661EC8B-32DE-44E0-8F08-D7FB4C592705.webp
9CA54278-7043-4D1F-99F2-F1424BBFB708.webp

BSNL is getting more pathetic now. Instagram pages dont even load pictures now. latencies to instagram is like 280ms.. Its routing via chennai vsnl to mumbai to singapore to instgram. Maybe their facebook cache is overloaded.. Its worse now

Same with Jio Fiber. Ping to facebook was 900ms+ about an hour ago. Now it has recovered a little but still it is 300ms+
Latency to all other sites are fine. Only the FB group of sites are affected.

Last edited:
Can confirm VoWiFi airtel stopped working on excitel Delhi

Edit: ping to facebook.com is 120ms.
Going to their Thailand edge node

Airtel Vowifi working here on my internet connection (Maha Mediacom). Pings to facebook are around 90-100ms.

there is a global ticket on my excitel portal

''Speed Issue in the Core Network

Due to unprecedented load on the network due to situation arising from COVID 19 pandemic, there may be some speed issues in a few specific websites. We are working continuously to resolve these issues and in next two days we should be back to our best speeds.''

there is a global ticket on my excitel portal

''Speed Issue in the Core Network

Due to unprecedented load on the network due to situation arising from COVID 19 pandemic, there may be some speed issues in a few specific websites. We are working continuously to resolve these issues and in next two days we should be back to our best speeds.''

So this has been coming up every night around 9 pm will last till 1 am and will have the exact same msg. 9pm to 1am the network is congested.
Let's see if it gets fixed by 1-2 days

Back