How is your ISP doing with increased traffic due to the COVID-19?

• Thread starter Thread starter JB701
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 616
  • Views Views 51,127
@anubhav11 probably. I got 0% packet loss since this morning in Airtel 4g. It wasn't the case a couple of days ago.

@philip The load may have reduced but it may be still higher than normal. Please let WFH folks get their share of the bandwidth. BSNL may not increase their throughput in such a short time.

I am glad to see these steps being taken to reduce the load. The 'net is a shared resource and we need to adjust till this crisis blows over.

The low resolution is only for wireless 3g-4g subscribers i think

You are right.

All companies from the digital industry have decided upon temporarily defaulting HD & ultra-HD streaming to SD content or offering only SD content, at bitrates no higher than 480p on cellular networks until 14 April.

BSNL ftth is capped at 20 Mbps
IMG_20200326_144311.webp

Also I am getting this error just for this particular test result

Yeah but now all otts like netflix ,prime etc ,has removed their hd and uhd streaming right so the load on the isps are reduced much considerably right? so now bsnl can remove the speedcaps isnt it? I am getting buffeirng due to three simulatneous streaming at my home....

im watching Hunters (Prime) right now, yeah just getting 1080p HDR. I think it a good thing to do, europe has asked to reduce even more...People are getting game lag there.

ACT speed test
Screenshot 2020-03-26 at 4.10.44 PM.webp

some people were saying me to contact appellate of jiofiber on this thread..... i called them... they are not helping jiofiber customer and asking to contact jiofiber helpline only....

it means jiofiber doesn't come under appellate yet... it's jiohelpline support (which is useless) who can help you with jiofiber...

in short... jiofiber is not even having proper support...

i open the complaint... local team closes the complaint...without fixing or asking me anything...

some people were saying me to contact appellate of jiofiber on this thread..... i called them... they are not helping jiofiber customer and asking to contact jiofiber helpline only....

it means jiofiber doesn't come under appellate yet... it's jiohelpline support (which is useless) who can help you with jiofiber...

in short... jiofiber is not even having proper support...

i open the complaint... local team closes the complaint...without fixing or asking me anything...
Great. Try asking Jio CC to get you in touch with an engineer or something.

Jio Fiber is not yet available in my current area. But if I do get it, I'll definitely end up setting Triple NAT intentionally to get away from their snooping.

im watching Hunters (Prime) right now, yeah just getting 1080p HDR. I think it a good thing to do, europe has asked to reduce even more...People are getting game lag there.

ACT speed test
View attachment 775
What I didn't understand that why bsnl has only speeds capped, when other private small.players like excited act etc does not have the speed capping, their customers are also using huge bandwidth now , so they are not facing any issues as many speed test posted here shows. That shows the bsnl is simply over selling the bandwidth without adding backend capacity ,also different bsnl customers have different scenario, mine is constantly capped to 25 mbps ,some others who shared speed tests here does not have any speed caps at all.

Back