How is your ISP doing with increased traffic due to the COVID-19?

• Thread starter Thread starter JB701
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 616
  • Views Views 51,114
Speed to international servers are little bit down for couple of days. Also testing on wifi with my parents using s smart tv.
Chennai
5889827090.png

London
5889817449.png

New York
5889807487.png

Singapore
5889820071.png

I'm on 150 Mbps plan.
@Gokul Kannan Please post your plan and location.

Last edited:
@vignesh_venkatesan - Can you post a speedtest to any New York servers?

HI Lucifier,

Please help on using Wire Guard hosted on DigitalOcean (DO), Bangalore (BLR)
(IMP: I don't have any idea about networking or I am not an engineer. Please help as I am complete noob and want only faster internet. I have been reading about this stuff on reddit and gaining knowledge.)

1. Since I will directly connected to the DO's server in (BLR), will I be getting the same speed to all the internet. (Eg; I speed tested to DO's server and I got 25Mbps (down) and around 1Mbps (Up) so since the datacenter is between me and the whole internet will I get speed to all the websites around the world? (Including international servers)
2. Since I am located in Mumbai, and I tested the Linode's server, I am getting good speed as compared to DO. Can I use Linode instead of DO (sometimes I get 35-40 Mbps also ping to Linode's is half as compared to DO)
3. Is Linode's path is the shortest as compared to DO. Any way to check the same
4. Does Amazon Aws offer the same and hows the speed compared to linode and DO. since I am planinng to setting up the VPS, I want to take the minimal possible route. (faster internet)
5. I am using local cable Wala's internet (50Mbps UL). I am getting shit speed. If I use Wire Guard, will I face any problem?
5. I am planning to install wireguard along with unbound as dns resolver.

Guys please help me as I desperately seeking help since work from home as others and getting very slow speed.

Use this script. It is noob friendly.

I get a max of 5 mbps on You Broadband 100 mbps connection during daytime, and the speed only increases back to 90ish after night.

Can't even stream or download anything with this speed. :(

On mobile, it gets even slower, 0.5 mbps! My freaking Jio 4g is faster than this.

My YouTube playback is stuck at 480p, I am not even getting the option for 720p or above.

1585473910131.webp

I switched my account, and 1080p and above is available, but on my primary account they have limited it to 480p. Like, WTH? 😐

Back