How many bank accounts do you guys have, and what are each of them for? Forgive me if this is a nosey question.

• Thread starter Thread starter XSeventeen
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 1,088
^^^ same here. I too have govt bank account (this bank is planned to be privatized). Always had bad experience visiting their branch. And for most tasks need to visit branch.
I have 3 accounts - 2 private and 1 govt mentioned above.

Surprisingly Bank of Baroda, at least in my region has been pretty nice to me. Won't say the same for Bank of India, just closed my account with them last month.

My canara account branch is located in a commercial area and i have visited there only twice. Once for account opening and then to get some certificates. It was less crowded than pvt banks and staff was polite trying to sell insurance policy.

Although in normal residential area their branches are too crowded. I had to visit to drop some cheques and everytime it was too crowded, mostly people making deposits and some withdrawals.

Their online complaint portal works but branch or support never acknowledges or replies to emails. Phone support quickly connects with a real human who are not so smart.

Overall it's good. NetBanking and app works for neft, imps, less forex fees etc.

Apart from this is there any other advantage of keeping one government account? How much would a having a bank account history with a govt. bank help as compared to a new customer seeking loan services etc?

PS: My only experience in dealing with govt. banks has been helping out parents carry out stuff in branches and it has been quite poor so that is the reason for my apprehension.
Nothing particular but I feel it's good to have an account with govt too big to fail bank.

@FujiwaraTofu I have an sbi account as far I know they have different segmentations for each account based on MAB If your MAB is higher than 3 lakh you'll get credit cards and loans faster in sbi. Also some govt sites uses sbi payment gateway for sbi users there will no fees others need to pay gateway fees. Overall a nice experience with govt bank

Back