How to cancel an order and ask for a refund on eBay India?

• Thread starter Thread starter ssparikshya
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 26
  • Views Views 9,947

ssparikshya

ISP
bsnl combo 950
i bought something up of ebay.in and i want to cancel it , contacted seller via phone email ebay and he said he will cancel it and i will get refund ....... Just in case : if he ships the thing and i refuse the delivery and claim on ebay that i have not received the item , will i get my money back.....? or just telling them that i have not got it is enough for money back ....... ? i am really scare because it is 4k in cost .. :-/ or am i screwed up ?

eBay is very consumer oriented so don't worry. If worst case he ships the item, you can call eBay and tell your part of the story and they would close the case in favor of you.

But their CC is an a****les and they say that the seller even has no right to cancel the order and i will get and have to refuse it :-/
this is totally false AFAIK ?

Well, the seller will not ship it in the timeline specified and it gets cancelled automatically. That's how they do it I guess.

Yep. Seller can initiate refund from their end. You needn't worry.

eBay seller panel has an option to SPECIFY the reason and issue refund, its instantly scheduled to get in line of refunds sent to payment gateway.
So trust the seller and give him another call tomorrow he'll refund cause eBay certainly HITS HARD on sellers back and no one would want a chaos.
I know about panel cause my eBay selling account got killed cause couple of idiots uploaded pics of their existing USED items and claimed I sent/sold that,
and eBay is one platform where you are penalized for mistakes which you never did.
If i was a big lawyer, I would have sued them and kicked them off the market, they are facilitating EXTORTION and should be as restricted as paypal is.

Phew.. thankfully I sold my tab without any issues on eBay. I was afraid if the smart a$$ buyer would say item not as declared and I would get f'd

Back