• Thread starter Thread starter karumudi7
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 4,227

karumudi7

ISP
AIRTEL
Hi,
In my home we are using two Laptops one running with Windows 7 & another was running with Windows XP.
In Windows 7 laptop all the stuff lies. I want to access these files from my Win XP laptop. In my home presently we are using VMC type 2 Modem (WiFi) with Airtel BB connection.

If possible, How to make a network drive because I also have an External HardDisk.

HardWare I have:
Two Dell Laptops.
WiFi modem - VMC (BSNL's)
BroadBand-Airtel
WD External Hard Disk.

Thanks.

there are many softwares out there which will do it for you or even windows sharing will do also. but i like to do it old fashioned wayassuming you have 192.168.1.2 ip assigned to windows 7 machineso from xp machine, in start > run type \\192.168.1.2\c$ (similarly for other drives, you can use system name also instead of IP address)will ask you for credentialsenter username/password and you are good to go.

The tool is having an option to LAN Sync. It automatically detects the peer on the LAN network!

there are many softwares out there which will do it for you or even windows sharing will do also. but i like to do it old fashioned way

assuming you have 192.168.1.2 ip assigned to windows 7 machine

so from xp machine, in start > run
type \\192.168.1.2\c$ (similarly for other drives, you can use system name also instead of IP address)
will ask you for credentials
enter username/password and you are good to go.

I tried it...but no use.
I used Ping from both systems... both are pinging well. But How to share files between these???

well i have the same question.....me and my friend both have systems(PCs) in our respective homes.....i live in 1st floor..and he lives in 4th floor....can we share files from one system to another without the presence of internet..?! i mean what wire should be connected between my Pc and his PC?!

^^ well if you both are not on same network, then simply use a cross cable lan wire to connect ur systems. its easily available or any hardware guy will make it for you in no time.

Back