• Thread starter Thread starter karumudi7
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 4,227

karumudi7

ISP
AIRTEL
Hi,
In my home we are using two Laptops one running with Windows 7 & another was running with Windows XP.
In Windows 7 laptop all the stuff lies. I want to access these files from my Win XP laptop. In my home presently we are using VMC type 2 Modem (WiFi) with Airtel BB connection.

If possible, How to make a network drive because I also have an External HardDisk.

HardWare I have:
Two Dell Laptops.
WiFi modem - VMC (BSNL's)
BroadBand-Airtel
WD External Hard Disk.

Thanks.

Use CAT6 cable for wiring. This can give you 1GBps speed (provided your ethernet cards support this)

if your ethernet cards dont support gigabit speed the u can use cat5 cable and the cost should be around Rs. 15 per mtr(3.3 ft) so calculate accordinglyit will give you speed @ 100MBps

even I need to know this...I have connected my pc with my laptop with the lan cable through a modem now how shall I view data and access content from pc to laptop and laptop to pc....laptop has win7 and pc xp.......I cant figure it out I ended up using team viewer and other winlive remote assistance software and it lagged like crap.....

if your ethernet cards dont support gigabit speed the u can use cat5 cable and the cost should be around Rs. 15 per mtr(3.3 ft) so calculate accordingly
it will give you speed @ 100MBps
thanx for the info bro :)

Back