How to configure TP-LINK 54M Wireless ADSL2+Router?

• Thread starter Thread starter sainirajesh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 71,235

sainirajesh

ISP
BSNL DATAONE
Hi!Has anyone got an ADSL 2 + Router from TP-Link?I wanted to have a wireless modem but bsnl weren't providing one in our circle.So I opted to buy my own.But now it isn't working.I am having trouble configuring it.I have tried my best but to no avail!:(:wall:HELP ME PLEASE!!!!

Welcome to BroadbandForum.in
TL-WR340G
Download the manual etc. for programming instructions.
What is the modem BSNL has supplied. ?
Select your modem for instructions .
BROADBAND MAIN MENU

The model no. is TD-W8910G.I have the instructions.The modem connects to my laptop(local area connection works fine) but when I try to connect to the net an error comes saying "there might be an error in the service name field of your connection"!???

Understand now that this model TD8910G is Modem+ router ( and not 54M TL540G) and BSNL supplied modem is not required. I had to go again to Linksys site to find it out. Post screen shot of modem+router page where the info is needed.Try entering BSNL. ( if some other name appears there ).Update :08201. service name field : enter pppoe_0_35_12. Check connection status in Diagnostics page. ( In manual Page71/86 fig 5-63)3.Take a print out of the manual. There is not much difference in programming with other routers. 4. Remember the security key for Wireless. ( password you enter ).5. Save all settings to Hard Disk for future reference.

Hi theree.. was just wondering if you managed to get the modem to work. If u did... could u share how u went about it with me pls?thanks very much

hi killapop!yes i did finally manage to get the router working!here is an input on the settings that worked for me-1.in local area network properties select-internet protocol version 4(tcp/ipv4) settings as- obtain ip address automatically and -obtain dns address automatically.2.go to the router login window and under advanced setup go to wan setup and delete all pre-existing interfaces.3.now go to quick setup-select vpi=0 vci=35.4.connection type-PPP over Ethernet (PPPoE).5.Encapsulation Mode:LLC/SNAP-BRIDGING.6.enter your ppp username and password-the ones provided by isp.7.PPPoE Service Name:e.g. i've entered(dataone).8.Authentication Method: AUTO.9.next select-Enable WAN Service checkbox.10.Service Name-pppoe_0_35_1 11.Device Setup- IP Address-192.168.1.1subnet Mask-255.255.255.0select- Enable DHCP ServerStart IP Address:192.168.1.2End IP Address:192.168.1.254Leased Time (hour):2412.Wireless -- Setupselect-Enable WirelessEnter the wireless network name (also known as SSID). SSID:TP-LINK13.on the WAN Setup - Summary-click save and reboot.14.go to advanced setup-Local Area Network (LAN) SetupIP Address-192.168.1.1subnet Mask:255.255.255.0 select Enable IGMP Snooping Standard Modeselect Enable DHCP ServerStart IP Address:192.168.1.2End IP Address:192.168.1.254Leased Time (hour):24 15.do not enter any other settings in any other advance setup menus except the following.16.Routing -- Default Gatewayselect Enable Automatic Assigned Default Gateway17.Routing -- RIP Configurationselect Global RIP Mode Disabled18.DNS Server Configurationselect Enable Automatic Assigned DNS19. DSL Settingsunder- Select the modulation below select all except-AnnexM Enabledunder- Select the phone line pair below select- Inner pair under-Capability select Bitswap Enable20.WIRELESS SETTINGSWireless -- Basicselect Enable Wirelessselect Enable SSID BroadcastSSID:BSSID:00:14:78:99:5E:E6 Region:india21.wireless security-Network Authentication-WPA-PSKWPA Pre-Shared Key(enter your key)WPA Group Rekey Interval:0WPA Encryption:TKIP22.for the settings to work on your pc go to -manage wireless networks in -network and sharing centreselect add networkselect security type as wpa-personal and encryption as TKIP22.Wireless -- AdvancedChannel:6Current: 6Fragmentation Threshold:2346RTS Threshold2347DTIM Interval:1Beacon Interval:100Mode:54Mbps(802.11g)23.under MANAGEMENT-Access Control -- Servicesselect enable for all services24.but still you might have problem opening some sites with your router as i had for about a month especially the windows live services.i was fortunate enough to have my windows firewall check for an update on line to give an error.on googling the error i found the info about MTU settings.the default for this router is 1500.but for all sites to work properly it has to be1400.25. to change mtu settings for the router open command prompt from start search menu.select run as administrator.enter command-(netsh interface ipv4 show subinterfaces).this will show mtu for all existing networks.to change mtu for wireless network connection enter command-(netsh interface ipv4 set subinterface "Wireless Network Connection" mtu=1400 store=persistent).now enter the first command again to confirm wether mtu for wireless network has been changed.this worked just fine for me.since then i've had no problems. GOOD LUCK!

@essbebehey man i had to figure the settings out for myself and i did it about a month back when the link you gave yesterday wasn't even there...anyways,i posted a reply just to make sure that no one else has to go through the hassles that i had to go through..after all this forum is about helping people out!i guess my thanks is due to people like yourselves who are trying there best to help everyone!so thank you and keep up the good work!

@sainirajesh
when the link you gave yesterday wasn't even there...
Agreed. You are right.

Back