How to connect 2 pcs with one broadband line

• Thread starter Thread starter Debdinno
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 3,498

Debdinno

ISP
bsnl
:happy: I have Bsnl Unlimited 750 plan and smartaxmt882 White modem.I connect my pc by lan line with the modem in bridged mode. 1)Can i connect another pc with the ethernet slot at the same time and use simultaneously.2)Can i use it one at a time. 3) What i do is i open the lan connection from the modem from one Pc and fix the ethernet connection with another pc and use it in mutually exclusive manner.Do anybody know a better method??? :ashamed:

get an switch dude.....:hysterical:just costs about 500 rs.......or get an NIC ( network interface card) and attach that to u r system .....and connect to another computer.................or the best method was get a bridge but the collison will be high if u use both at a time........................

just connect the moden to switch...........

then connect the switch to u r 2 pcs ...........

see the image.............

configure the DHCP on the modem.............that's it.............

then u can get the internet work on the u r 2 pcs............

here are the links which will help u........

NETGEAR 8PORT FAST ETHERNET SWITCH 8 PORT gifts in india at rediff shopping.

TECHCOM 8 Port Switch gifts in india at rediff shopping.

TechMartix 8 Port Switch / Fast Ethernet Switch With 1 Year Warranty gifts in india at rediff shopping.

NETGEAR FS608 8 port speed sensing 10/100 Mpbs Fast Ethernet Switch - 10/100MBPS / 8Port gifts in india at rediff shopping.

Hey Buddy.............. Switch doesn't share INTERNET connection.........By using switch you can share files between two computer...............But if you have to use INTERNET connection on two pc's you have buy router....either wired or wireless...

These guy is questioning the very aspect of LAN / Internet etc, my dear friend.. Switch will definately share not only internet connection but will also do host of other things - Share hard disk drives of networked computers, share usb drives, share webcams, printers, cd writers / dvd drives / floppy drives, USB ports, scanners etc...:ohyea:

These guy is questioning the very aspect of LAN / Internet etc,
my dear friend.. Switch will definately share not only internet connection but will also do host of other things - Share hard disk drives of networked computers, share usb drives, share webcams, printers, cd writers / dvd drives / floppy drives, USB ports, scanners etc...:ohyea:

Hey buddy .......... switch dose not share INTERNET connection .........
Its working is like almost hub, but more efficient........
Only router ( wired or wireless) can share INTERNET connection......
You can also share INTERNET connection by using ICS service..... but in that method you have keep one computer continuously on and have two nic's and then share INTERNET connection........

----------

get an switch dude.....:hysterical:

just costs about 500 rs.......

or get an NIC ( network interface card) and attach that to u r system .....
and connect to another computer.................

or the best method was get a bridge but the collison will be high if u use both at a time........................
You said you have done CCNA........
But you even don't have a basic knowledge of networking....:p
Shame on you..........:@
Switch cannot share INTERNET connection.............

Back