How to disable WEP encryption in MTNL450TC1 modem

manitgupta95

ISP
MTNL Broadband
I recently got an iPad 2. The internet was working fine before but since I have got a new MTNL connection with a WEP 64 bit encryptio I am having problem in connectivity with iPad. All other devices work fine though.So I was thinking if I could disable WEP encryption, earlier I used to use only MAC address filtering.I have the modem 450TC1, but when I open the settings using 192.168.1.1 and go to Wireless setting, I can' t find any option to DISABLE security so that it becomes an UNSECURED network.Just removing the key from the box makes my Wireless devices unusable.Thanks for the help.

Try this website - Screenshots - Beetel - 450TC1 (Beetel Firmware) | PcWinTech.com

In the screenshot where the Interface Setup - Wireless is shown , try changing authentication type (to NONE) ... That should do the trick...

PS: I wouldn't advice you to disbale WEP.. Instead try change the WEP 64bit encryption to something less, may be a 32-bit one ? WPA or something else... I am guessing here, I think your ipad may not be supporting 64 bit encryption ...

Can you post the screenshot of the encryption options listed...Did you check the website mentioned above does it match your modem properties ?

http://i53.tinypic.com/dcsw28.png

Please see this, IF I just leave it to "Please select authentication type" it does not accept that settings.
Their is no option like none or disabled.

Ok Try WPA2-PSK and then AES as encryption... it is a 32-Bit encryption methodology... (Had same issue this workaround did work for me)....

How come this post of yours show-up as posted yesterday.. It wasn't there yesterday...

Also I believe we are supposed to use imgur: the simple image sharer for posting images
per admin

Back