How To Disable "Always On" in wa3002g4 - Please Help

• Thread starter Thread starter emmarbee
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 5,768
Hello Mr.esbebe,

To disable "Always On" in wa3002g4 I appreciate your advice to emmarbee to disable PPP/PPPoE and Enable " BRIDGED".

Now the dialer can be used. But wireless (wifi) to laptop cannot be connected (cannot get internet access).

In my case wireless (wifi) to laptop is getting internet access only if PPP over Ethernet (PPPoE) in wa3002g4 is enabled and usename/password are incorporated...But then it is coming to "Always on" mode in PC as well.

Can you please advise how to get dialer connection in PC and still get internet access connection to laptop?

Thank you.

Dr. Bhaskar

Chennai Telephones- Changing password in DataOne Pre-configured modem

In WAN page disable PPP/PPPoE Enable " BRIDGED"
SAVE Reboot.
wait for two minutes.
Restart system
Now enter your user ID and PW in dialer.

DHCP options usually seen in LAN settings page.
http://i23.tinypic.com/9b8wpg.jpg
Not related to "Dialup" or "Always On" mode.

Please mention OS used . Windows 7/Vista/XP SP3 etc will test and reply.What is your Choice ? "Dialer Mode" ( "bridged" in wan page )or PPPoE always On" mode.

Now the dialer can be used. But wireless (wifi) to laptop cannot be connected (cannot get internet access).

In my case wireless (wifi) to laptop is getting internet access only if PPP over Ethernet (PPPoE) in wa3002g4 is enabled and usename/password are incorporated...But then it is coming to "Always on" mode in PC as well.

Can you please advise how to get dialer connection in PC and still get internet access connection to laptop?

Thank you.

Dr. Bhaskar

Not possible. You need to be in PPPoE to share connection between more than one computer. Why do you want to shift ? Any specific benefit in dialer mode ?

Please mention OS used .
Windows 7/Vista/XP SP3 etc
will test and reply.
What is your Choice ? "Dialer Mode" ( "bridged" in wan page )
or PPPoE always On" mode.

Please mention OS used .
will test and reply.

My OS is XP.

I used to operate dialer mode in PC and get internet accesses to laptop (having wifi LAN) as well.

But recently BSNL changed my username & password. So I had to go to advanced setup in wa3002g4 and change the username & password in PPPoE.

After changing username & password when I tried to connect via my dialer I got "phone line busy" and I realized I was getting net on PC directly without the necessity of dialer.

Advantages in using a dialer:

1. I can disconnect whenever I want to and save unnecessary BB usage while working on PC. Now I can disconnect only when I switch off PC. I cannot switch off modem as another person is working on my laptop.

2. I can change the IP address each time I disconnect and re-connect which will be useful for downloading files from file sharing website like rapidfire etc. Now if I have to re-connect I have to re-start PC or modem. As already mentioned above, I cannot switch off modem as another person is working on my laptop.

Is there any solution for this : to get dialer connection in PC and still get internet access connection to laptop?

----------

Not possible. You need to be in PPPoE to share connection between more than one computer. Why do you want to shift ? Any specific benefit in dialer mode ?

Please mention OS used .
will test and reply.

My OS is XP.

I used to operate dialer mode in PC and get internet accesses to laptop (having wifi LAN) as well.

But recently BSNL changed my username & password. So I had to go to advanced setup in wa3002g4 and change the username & password in PPPoE.

After changing username & password when I tried to connect via my dialer I got "phone line busy" and I realized I was getting net on PC directly without the necessity of dialer.

Advantages in using a dialer:

1. I can disconnect whenever I want to and save unnecessary BB usage while working on PC. Now I can disconnect only when I switch off PC. I cannot switch off modem as another person is working on my laptop.

2. I can change the IP address each time I disconnect and re-connect which will be useful for downloading files from file sharing website like rapidfire etc. Now if I have to re-connect I have to re-start PC or modem. As already mentioned above, I cannot switch off modem as another person is working on my laptop.

Is there any solution for this : to get dialer connection in PC and still get internet access connection to laptop?

I am using the same modem since one year. I am on PPPoE and only that lets me connect other systems on WiFi. Don't know how you managed to do that in bridge. If you want bridge mode, simply log into the modemFrom LHS menu > Advanced set up > WAN > " Edit " 0/35 entry > You will get a page with heading " ATM PVC Configuration ", click " Next " > Click Connection type as " Bridging " > Click " Next " till you finish the process. Save and reboot the modem from the last option in LHS menu. You are now in bridge mode. Use a dialer to connect.Just clearing some myths1. Even if you use your computer but browse / download / upload nothing, there will be no data transfer (will be there but will hardly reach 1 MB per hour). 2. You can easily change IP automatically if you use clients like JDownloader (always use them if you are downloading from file sharing sites)But it is your choice that matters. Hope this helped.

I am using the same modem since one year. I am on PPPoE and only that lets me connect other systems on WiFi. Don't know how you managed to do that in bridge. If you want bridge mode, simply log into the modem

From LHS menu > Advanced set up > WAN > " Edit " 0/35 entry > You will get a page with heading " ATM PVC Configuration ", click " Next " > Click Connection type as " Bridging " > Click " Next " till you finish the process. Save and reboot the modem from the last option in LHS menu.

You are now in bridge mode. Use a dialer to connect.

Just clearing some myths

1. Even if you use your computer but browse / download / upload nothing, there will be no data transfer (will be there but will hardly reach 1 MB per hour).

2. You can easily change IP automatically if you use clients like JDownloader (always use them if you are downloading from file sharing sites)

But it is your choice that matters. Hope this helped.

Thank you for your concern and info.

I managed for almost 2 years on this mode - dialer on PC and wifi on laptop - both same time accessing net. It was not on bridge mode - it was on PPPoE mode only. After BSNL changed my password last Tuesday (20.09.11) and then I just changed the password in modem - this "always on" came into picture on PC.

In JDownloader I tried once for re-connect and changing IP - but not successful. Anyway I'll try again and let you know.

Back