How to get extended warranty on VU TVs?

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
:D

They have them listed on their website. You order it from there.

Warranty - Vu Televisions

2-year extension of warranty coverage from the date of expiry of manufacturer's warranty with home service
Valid for product purchased from our website Vutvs.com, online portals, and Vu store
Repair within 10 working days
Usage of genuine spares during repairs
** Note: Customer should purchase Extended Warranty within 30 days of Invoice date.

Last edited by a moderator:
Facepalm. And their customer care gave me all those steps to get it :-/

The lady you pointed out responded to my mail within an hour. :D Interesting times we live in. Management responds faster than customer support.

So I just placed order for my TV and it appears to be working on similar patterns to Apple Care. They did not ask for any details about my TV. Looks like they are sending me some packet with instructions to process it. No clue whatsoever.

Getting extended warranty from VU has been a super confusing experience till now. Earlier we read about how you have to NEFT the money to their bank account to get the extended warranty. And then we found out that extended warranty is available through their website for direct purchase. But the order process did not ask for any details about the TV for which the warranty is being purchased. I tried getting more info and got some confusing responses. Here is what I have been told…

I got a call from their support team who basically told me that I need to take a printout of the invoice for the extended warranty that I purchased. This would basically be the proof and document for the extended warranty for my TV. The service guy would match the buy date of the TV from its invoice and compare it with the purchase date of the extended warranty to decide if it is valid (bought within first 30 days).

I had an obvious question. Asked him what happens if I bought 2 units of same TV and one extended warranty… How are they going to tackle such a scenario! I can use the same warranty on both the TVs! The guy agreed that this needs to be looked into. lol.

He called me back and said that he did not have complete information. I am supposed to get a call (or an email, he was not sure) where the support team would take details about my TV (probably would ask me to mail them the invoice from Flipkart). They would then verify if the extended warranty is applicable on my purchase (in case someone buys it for an older TV or wrong model). Once verified, they would connect it in their system.

I have not received any call until now. Unless they called me yesterday when I was out of town and did not pick up any calls from a number not in my contacts.

I had to send them the copy of my flipkart invoice to get the extended warranty, and my extended warranty invoice mentions the product serial #.

Back