how to improve ADSL BroadBand signal

• Thread starter Thread starter bsnl-user
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 13,029

bsnl-user

ISP
bsnl
Hi,Could anyone shed light on how to improve broadband ADSL signal at user end. Are there any amplifier's (Line Drivers) available that could improve the signal ? BSNL is providing very weak signal at my residence dispite complaining to the concerned department there has been no improvement. I thought may be there is something that could be done on my side to get a better signal.Please share your experience if you have used some equipment to boost the signal.thanks,Mervyn

I try a trick and it works. That is, whenever the ADSL signal goes down a certain limit (You can verify that by checking SNR Margin, it should be 30dB for Downstream, below 15dB the connection get disconnected), I take out the RJ 11 from the ADSL POTS Splitter and short the incoming phone line terminals for a few seconds twice or thrice and place it again. When the ADSL link re-establishes, I get improved SNR Margin.

Dear PSP,Thanks! I will give it a try this could be one way of doing it, but what if the signal is constantly dropping due to long distance from the telephone ex-change ? is there any hardware to keep the signal high ? like a booster/amplifier.thanks again,mervyn

I have no idea about a booster device for enhancing ADSL signal. If you find something like that, don't forget to let us know.

well One thing that I tried at my end was to get rewiring done at my place and first connection goes to splitter then I got it extended to rest of House. This helped me to receive better signals, of course this cannot help if you are receiving bad signals from the exchange or loosing signals in transmission to your place.-pranKster.

Back