How to reset sl2_141 modem of Nokia Siemens

• Thread starter Thread starter sirftum1900
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 32,295

sirftum1900

ISP
bsnl
I had changed login pwd of 192.168.1.1 of sl2_141 modem. I have forgotten the changed pwd. Now I can not enter into Modem(192.168.1.1). A;so there is no reset button to reset the modem. Kindly suggest way to reset modem.

/members/sirftum1900/
Download the manual. there should be a recess usually near the power cord port.
checking up.
http://w5.siemens.ch/eip/public/QsG/QsG_SL2-141-I_ENG.pdf

Once you reset: factory settings are restored and the default password ,
I think is admin should work.

unfortunately in this BSNL OEM version there is no Reset Switch / USB connector either :(

Open 192.168.1.1/main.htmlUnder Management Select Restore Defaults.This will set the modem to factory settings.If possible please post screen shot of Device status. showing FW version. ( similar to 220Bx or 440BX)Para two : Sorry. You forgot the password ! Above won't work. Probably the changed password is same as your UserID password !defaults : admin password 1234

Open 192.168.1.1/main.html
Under Management Select Restore Defaults.

thats software reset, if any thing is wrong with pw or IP table :( we cant reset it back. :(

@members/choto-cheeta/
thats software reset, if any thing is wrong with pw or IP table we cant reset it back.
THIS IS THE PROBLEM .
Read Post No 1.I had changed login pwd of 192.168.1.1 of sl2_141 modem. I have forgotten the changed pwd. Now I can not enter into Modem(192.168.1.1). A;so there is no reset button to reset the modem. Kindly suggest way to reset modem.
Tools -- Restore Default Settings

Restore DSL router settings to the factory defaults.

@essbebe

I have read the problem but i didnt comment on the specific problem, my point is if the modem panel is inaccessible

as without any user credential one cant access the modem menu tools

that is what I meant here, as I expressed my own problem in resetting the device :(

@/members/choto-cheeta/
My post No 4 .
Para two : Sorry. You forgot the password ! Above won't work. Probably the changed password is same as your UserID password !
defaults : admin password 1234
Your post No 7
as without any user credential one cant access the modem menu tools
You are 100% correct. Presume you have the same problem.

Did you also forget the Password for accessing the modem's settings?

I was restarting the device when I have a power problem and power went off during restart :( afater which it is not accepting neither my own PW nor the default one :(

let me show u some thing, :(

This is the router in question :( there is no reset button as show in the retail version of this model :|

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/3842/74155678ya0.jpg

Made a complain to BSNL this would be 4th time they would be replacing my in last 4 years :lol:

/members/choto-cheeta/Problem : RESET switch ( external ) Siemen's Sl2_141 . ( forgot password)Please inspect the unit carefully. See the bottom of the unit. or remove any label pasted. A reset option MUST be available.

Back