How to reset SL2_141 modem

• Thread starter Thread starter sirftum1900
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 10,702

sirftum1900

ISP
bsnl
I had changed my password of 192.168.1.1 and now forgotten it. I am now unable to enter modem(192.168.1.1). As there is no physical reset switch , I am not able to reset modem.Although internet connection is ok. But in future iuf required , I shall be in deep troble. If any other procedure exists to reset modem, kindly elaboarate.

are you sure there is no reset hole? every router has one!!!

the only way i know how to reset his

going to
http://192.168.1.1/main.html

click on management
then settings
then on
restore default

on the right side you should see a button as restore default settings

clicking on it.restores factory default settings.........

The adsl modem is SL2_141. It is of White and bluish colour. The LEDs at front are POWER,DSL,INTERNET and WLAN. The slots at the back are PWR, 4 LAN Slots and line. Also an antenna is fitted. I have checked no reset hole is there. Also the CD supplied with Modem by BSNL PEople has one manual, But no where reset option is given.
Kindly see link for modem pic SL2_141 ADSL MODEM (Type-B) MENU

The reset button is present on all modems/routers from BSNL. Its only marked in the model from siemens...The others - USStarcom/ZTE..its at the bottom...I mean literally underneath...Turn over the modem up-side-down and you see numerous holes that are square in shape...Out of this there will be one small round one...That's the reset switch.....bullzeye_rp

Back