How to safely use an Induction Cooker?

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 33
  • Views Views 4,335
Cool stuff bro. I guess it is safe to take on the dealer in this case. He cannot really piss into the gas cylinder can he? :DLast time dad requested him to take the order within 15 days of previous delivery, he basically behaved like he was doing us a favor. And guess what, he lied. A week has passed, that request is still not fulfilled.I mean seriously. They are charging Rs. 1500 for a cylinder. And we are willing to pay it (no alternative)... What is wrong with you?Look at the bigger picture. I can buy as much petrol/diesel as I want to drive around but I cannot buy as much LPG as I want for cooking? Freaks.

Why don't you change the dealer ?? or change to HP/BP. ask your friend who using whether they are difficulty getting open market LPG
there is one more way you can buy LPG cylinder from fuel station, but this facility only available selected city

Dad makes these decisions man. I would give all of these options to dad and let him decide what to do next. I am guessing the dealer just started acting up recently.

steel will just make the contents burn in the bottom, for boiling it will work great.
I tried to make popcorn and ended up with burnt popcorn even on low temp which i usually keep to 100 C. It does not go lower than that either.
Philips manual is pretty useless!
There are special induction based cookware which have strong base which don't let things burn that fast as in steel.
using this, its by Vinod.

cleaning after cooking is bit of a pain though :D

chromaniac said:
No nonstick options for induction cookies?
there is one from alda(germany). see if its still available. the quality is pretty good.
DNA_Uncut said:
A word of caution. Frequent use of induction cook top 'll increase your eb bills by 5-20%.
still works out cheaper than LPG !

Right. Our power bill is already so high that a 10-15% increase would not really make much of a difference. But this would sort of solve mom's problem with gas supply.
I have applied for a refill through the website. Let's see if this changes anything. Would take it one step at a time. Dad is also not interested in going for portability directly. All his contacts in the local area get their gas from the same dealer so would have to find out someone who has another dealer.

Back