How to set up Pihole for Jio Fiber IPv6?

• Thread starter Thread starter wazarikun
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 6,297
ISP
BSNL
Hi everyone, I tried setting up pihole for my Jio Fiber connection but it wasn't working properly. I disabled DHCP (both IPv4 and IPv6) on my Jio router and enabled it on my pihole. However, it seems that the Jio router is still assigning IPv6 addresses and as a result the pihole DNS isn't being used. I could disable IPv6 on my system, but I have multiple phones and laptops connected at home and disabling it on each of them will not be a great idea.

Has anyone got this to work yet?

Reactions: hpb
Solution
login to router - use search to find "IP Mode" -- select "ipv4 only mode"
instead of Pi-hole.. use any Adblocking DNS.. like, NextDns, AhaDns, AdguardDns etc
login to router - use search to find "IP Mode" -- select "ipv4 only mode"
instead of Pi-hole.. use any Adblocking DNS.. like, NextDNS, AhaDns, AdguardDns etc

Last edited:
Reactions: hpb
Upvote 0
Solution
I'm using adguard home(much better alternative to pihole as it's a single binary and has way more features) with Jio Fiber. You can go to LAN IPv6 Configuration> Select Use DNS below and provide the global/public IPv6 of the server pihole/adguard home is hosted on. Keep in mind if you use a firewall unblock port 53. Don't disable IPV6, you'll all the features of IPv6 and other Jio services like telephone.

Upvote 0
I'm using adguard home
What hardware are you using to setup Adguard home? Is there value-for-money hardware available in India - when it comes to hardware, I am a noob; so prefer to buy it. Any suggestions are welcome.

Upvote 0
Hi,
I am using Adguard home on Home assistant. When I change the DNS option to use below and fill in the ipv4 address it works but though I press save, if I reboot the Jio Router it goes back to use DNS proxy. Any pointers to solving this?
Thanks in Advance

Upvote 0

Back