How to set up Pihole for Jio Fiber IPv6?

• Thread starter Thread starter wazarikun
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 6,297
ISP
BSNL
Hi everyone, I tried setting up pihole for my Jio Fiber connection but it wasn't working properly. I disabled DHCP (both IPv4 and IPv6) on my Jio router and enabled it on my pihole. However, it seems that the Jio router is still assigning IPv6 addresses and as a result the pihole DNS isn't being used. I could disable IPv6 on my system, but I have multiple phones and laptops connected at home and disabling it on each of them will not be a great idea.

Has anyone got this to work yet?

Reactions: hpb
Solution
login to router - use search to find "IP Mode" -- select "ipv4 only mode"
instead of Pi-hole.. use any Adblocking DNS.. like, NextDns, AhaDns, AdguardDns etc
I'm using adguard home(much better alternative to pihole as it's a single binary and has way more features) with Jio Fiber. You can go to LAN IPv6 Configuration> Select Use DNS below and provide the global/public IPv6 of the server pihole/adguard home is hosted on. Keep in mind if you use a firewall unblock port 53. Don't disable IPV6, you'll all the features of IPv6 and other Jio services like telephone.
I have done all the steps but it doesn't seem to work on any of the devices! like phones don't work with it ipv6 and ipv4 both are set

Upvote 0
Known issue in all Jio firmwares, jio needs to fix this but for me I hardly reboot the router once a month so not a big issue.
It works if I set the Ipv6 of my Raspberry Pi as the Main/Starting Ipv6 Address in router but then it breaks other apps like jellyfin. @ackr8 It would be great if u have any idea to do it properly! I have tried mostly everything and it just doesn't takes the Ipv6 DNS in phones.

Upvote 0

Back