How to subscribe to Airtel 3G Prepaid Connection?

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 51
  • Views Views 10,139

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
So, here is the thing. I have around 350 bucks in my prepaid account which I want to finish up before I try migrating to Vodafone. The fastest way I guess would be to subscribe to a 3G plan. I am currently on the 98 rupee EDGE plan which would be renewed on 3rd November. So, what I want to know is… How do I subscribe to a monthly plan costing around 250 bucks on 3G. Questions…1. Do I need to unsubscribe to my 98 rupee plan? 2. How do I apply for 3G activation? 3. How do I select a 3G plan meeting the above requirement?4. Do I need to change APN? It is currently set to airtelgprs.com I think 5. Anything else I should know?

1) You don't need to unsubscribe your Rs98 plan. When they activate 3G, your Rs98 plan will get deactivated automatically. In case of postpaid, they prorate the amount. I am assuming that they will refund the prorated amount in prepaid?2) send 3G to 121 and follow the steps. Or Subscribe to it from Airtel application for smart phones3) Once you send 3G to 121, you will get the plan details. You can choose any of them4) No need to change APN.5) When you subscribe to 3G, you will get the message that it will be activated in 4 hours. But sometimes 3G doesn't get activated. So the best way is to call the customer care and ask them to activate it for you(I know you want to avoid it). If you don't want to call the customer care, try sending SMS. I have seen that, sometime, when 3G is activated, you need to restart your phone to receive 3G signals.

awesome. time to pay airtel some more money that they already have in their pocket. :\

lol.. i am telling for instant confirmation to know that you are on 3G network.

Back