How to turn off annoying Ads in Tata Sky DTH

• Thread starter Thread starter tvfreak
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 30
  • Views Views 10,620

tvfreak

ISP
Airtel
Hi,Some days back Tata Sky has put in an annoying feature. When you go to browse the available channels, they start some audio ads or songs. The purpose is to make the user buy some showcase event etc.Is there any setting to turn it off? If not, why are we being subject to unasked for ads. It is a very bad practice.TV Freak

I have no idea how this works, but if you are referring to Music played in background in Menu/TV Guide, then there is option somewhere in 'Settings' to turn off that music.

if u r a Tata Sky plus user, there is no annoying background music/voice ads while selecting guide or browsing the channels...but for tatasky user there is no option to turn off those ads as far as i know..

Hi,

Some days back Tata Sky has put in an annoying feature. When you go to browse the available channels, they start some audio ads or songs. The purpose is to make the user buy some showcase event etc.

Is there any setting to turn it off? If not, why are we being subject to unasked for ads. It is a very bad practice.

TV Freak

Muting your tv will help alot. Or better what Manu has said.

Muting your tv will help alot. Or better what Manu has said.

Yes indeed. But seriously, I paid for the TV, not to be a dummy to listen to their ads. And it is sheer blackmail if they want more money to turn off the ads.

They try and make their ads as shrill as possible. It's more than the background music folks, they try and sell the events on Showcase.

I think a consumer court case will make them toe the straight line. They are bringing down the Tata brand name, which has taken a serious hit already due to their actions.

If nothing else works, out goes Tata Sky. It is not worth it.

Is it very annoying ? I dont think so.. just enjoy the music in the background while you browse the channel... :)btw, I guess I haven't used the guide option for some months .. i directly use number keys :D

You can always throw your STB out of the balcony :whistle:

ur idea sounds gr8:thumbsup:

Back