How to: updgrade Windows 7 home basic to 7 home premium

• Thread starter Thread starter Jonas
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 6,070
ISP
Excitel
Airtel & Vi
So, yeah, the difference between the cost of the two is just 1k but I completely forgot to order windows 7 home premium on a new laptop and it's going to come with home basic :( I just don't like the pale GUI of windows 7 home basic. So, please bhai log help me by giving some information about the procedure to upgrade from windows 7 home basic to home premium (please note, I can't shop for it online I don't have no credit card) and how much it's going to cost... or is there any way to tweak the GUI of home basic to work like home premium...

For upgrading you would need an upgrade key and rest it will take only 10 min for upgrading and even net is not required for the same. Its an offline process.

The process is legal but u need the genuine purchased keys :)
though haven't used the same, just info from the Sankat Mochak "GOOGLE".:whistle:

I have my own Win7-Ultimate pre-activated installed from my local PC-Manufacturer from whom I got my PC assembled & as you know there is no upgrade to an Ultimate version & the same is running perfectly till date. Telling you so becoz one of my friend was caught with same problem as you, as his pc was low on specifications(512Mb Ram) so he got installed 7-Basic which turned out to be freakingly annoying(when he added 1 Gb ram= total 1.5 Gb).

I am not asking u to google a key to upgrade. Instead checked today some fact- Windows Anytime Upgrade: Add features to your PC running Windows 7

Notes:

Windows Anytime Upgrade is available for online purchase in Australia, Belgium, Canada, Germany, France, Italy, Japan, the Netherlands, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, and the United States.

Windows Anytime Upgrade is available in all editions of Windows 7 except Ultimate.

So u need to go to the retail store & buy an geniune upgrade key, see these facts -Microsoft India

So, I was right when I realized that I did a big mistake forgetting to order upgrade the pre installed OS on my laptop.It was going to cost me 1.7k more, and that would have made it genuine windows 7 home premium.And from what I am able to learn, I need to buy 6k license to upgrade from home basic to home premium? No, I can upgrade to Home Premium by paying $80 i.e 3.6kAh! Fatka pada 1.9K ka -_-Thanks for the reply, I really do appreciate such posts :) P.S isn't there any offline method I could purchase the license?As I mentioned in my post already that I can't shop online......

nehru place? any decent computer store should be able to get a license for you. just make sure that you are getting a legit copy.

---------- Post added at 08:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 AM ----------

of course a better solution would be to say hello to linux!

Nehru Place? mmmmmmmm finding legit software shops in Nehru Place is....
I will visit Nehru Place then, but, I really don't think they sell license,
have seen shops selling retail versions (Physical Disks) and, that's not what I need I guess and it's gonna cost 6k
I still remember I had to buy Abby Fine reader and I just couldn't find a single shop who sells it legally and was shocked to see decent computer shops offering pirated versions PROUDLY.

---------- Post added at 09:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 AM ----------

And the Windows website clears it further,
this option is not available for Indians :(

How can I buy a Windows Anytime Upgrade key?

In most places, you can go to an electronics store to buy an upgrade key.
In Australia, Belgium, Canada, Germany, France, Italy, Japan, the Netherlands, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, and the United States, you also have the option to buy an upgrade key online.

Back