How to use D-Link 2750U as a repeater?

• Thread starter Thread starter AB96
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 45
  • Views Views 82,420
ISP
Dvois ION
Hello. I would like to know if its possible to use my D-Link 2750U ADSL2 router as a repeater.

I ask this because my TV is located in the hall while my router is in the bedroom. Though the signal of my TP-Link router does cover my hall, my Samsung TV doesn't have an inbuilt wifi-adapter :(

I know about buying authentic repeaters or buying Samsung's LAN adapter, but I dont wanna waste 2000 odd rupees for just watching FullHD videos on TV.

I recently changed from MTNL to SSV (which has been working wonders for me) and hence my previous ADSL router i.e. D-Link 2750U has been sitting idle. Is there anyway I will be able to use it as a repeater?

Ignore that details.

Upvote 0
Also the USB port is useful if you want to access your external hard drive via network. I have the USB one (TD-W8968), working great.
Can you please share more uses of USB of the router you are using?

We don't use dongle, we don't yet have external hard drive, what else is the use?

I think he will buy a new wireless printer soon and that can still be accessed from any router ....... Right?

Upvote 0
Already got it for best price as today was a lucky day, should be delivered in 3-4 days at max on cod

Sorry couldn't use chromaniac referral link as the special price was available only for few seconds.

Can anyone explain this stupidity of prices changes within seconds?

Upvote 0
Oh my my, i have experienced it on search for Airlines tickets, i was searching through various different sites for same destination the tickets once and suddenly prices jacked up 5-6 k per ticket for international flight, and within few minutes, maybe 20 or 30, older prices again prevailed, actually system thought there was high demand for same destination, however it was just me on all the sites for same airline :D

However in this case of router the higher prices are prevailing even now after 11 hours even, thing to note is that this high price of Amazon is still 250 rs less than Flipkart

Upvote 0
I think the best strategy is to restart your router so as to get a new IP. And then start with an incognito window to check the pricing. You are more likely to see a lower price tag.

Though remember to click through the links on the forum :P

Upvote 0
Infact I got 164 rs better deal then the prevailing price of Amazon which is already 250 rs cheaper then Flipkart........... So I am not sure what's going on here......... I think it's because I was surfing Flipkart at the same time and Amazon wanted to steal me from Flipkart?

In that case I better always search amazon while searching Flipkart all the time :D

Upvote 0

Back