Hows ur experience with 8Mbps

• Thread starter Thread starter manz
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 4,344

manz

ISP
AIRTEL, DATAONE
i was very happy when airtel announced 8Mbps broadband. i took new connection with airtel and changed my tariff from 128kbps line. but dint notice any change. still files r downloading at around 140KB/s . if u ask thir technical team, they will ask u to download file from microsoft. which is acutally good around 800KB/s. But except that site u wont get that speed from any site. seems they have alloted some more bandwidth in thir gateway for that site. except that u wont get that speed with any site. above that u wont feel 8Mbps while u browse pages gets loaded similar to 128kbps. but airtel speed test site shows 9Mbps (Big bluff). when u chk with MySpeed - Speed Test it shows 1.7Mbps.

Wht about the other 8Mpbs subscribers r u people getting anywhere around 1MB/s download from various sites.:confused:

Try downloading ubuntu from official torrent to check max speeds . also try few servers from speedtest.net

jitni der mein to speed check karega, utnee der mein to usska a/c khatm ho jayega, if he gets full 8 MBPS speed...

njan1982, you are aware of the download limits on that pack, right?

sorry I forgot it
but I have no idea what is the use of that airtel 8 mb connection
with dataone 500 plan I able to down upto 145 gb per month and browse upto 240 hrs (blocking graphics using adb)
with that money u can pay 4 dataone 2 mb connections
did u test your speed at speedtest.net
try download "open office"

opensuse and ubuntu torrents are also good to check speeds. i am touching peaks with opensuse downloads right now.

i tested speed with various sites, some were giving 2Mbps and some around 8Mbps. but i feel best way check speed is by downloading files from various download servers. that actually failed except microsoft.com. seems they have allocated extra bandwidth in gateway to microsoft.com. and for testing purpose they will ask u to download something from it.from microsoft download speed is pretty good around 850KB/s. if they r providing speed honestly from other websites also u should be able to download atleast anything above 400 KB/s consedering the website are slow (as they say). except microsoft u get anywhere around 170KB/s which is not at all satisfying for 8Mbps line. i talked to all technical persons finally after all configurations and test they were saying if u get from microsoft we are done.i have browsed in 4Mbps line i know how 8Mbps line should be. if u get anywhere above 500KB/s (if not 1MB/s ) u feel the difference while browsing itself, pages loads at no time, that would be more that than enough if u get above 500KB/s. Finally the technical person who came to my home to fix the problem said, may be if all users compliant same problem they may fix it.Earlier i had dataone home500 (2Mbps) speed was good, but they are inconsistent. somedays thir servers will be totally down. i was using dataone from past 2yrs. but from last 2 months speed is dead in days hours, after 6 or 7pm u get true 2Mbps that was cool. i hope they will finish upgradation of thir infrastructure to 8Mbps lines as they say in thir website. though they are inconsistent and bad customer care centers they provide wht they say.for a particular server in europe with dataone 2Mbps i used to get 450ms ping, with airtel 8Mbps it is 850ms. latency sux with airtel. actually 128kbps is better with 650ms ping.

Back