I dont think Big TV will launch by 15th Aug

• Thread starter Thread starter amit_dp
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 102
  • Views Views 18,088
I hve a Sony Bravia X series 46inch, as far as I know the X series hasn;t launched in India yet but its lower version W series is there in India.
In the sony shop they put on HD movies and currently the only way to get content of that quality in India is PS3.

Okay That pops another question .. which is better an LCD or a Plasma .. as i intend to get a larger one probably 46 inch one .. so someone said a plasma wud be better. However SONY does not have a plasma AFAIK..

Sushubh bhai we desperately need a sub-forum for LCD TVs now .. we have gone way off the topic:ashamed:

I hve a Sony Bravia X series 46inch, as far as I know the X series hasn;t launched in India yet but its lower version W series is there in India.
The price in India is about 2-3 lakhs.
I don't really agree about the settings point you make.
Maybe Samsung and Sony can be compared but LG is far behind in terms of technology. Well I tried Tata Sky on it here in qatar, looked rubbish VCD quality so i threw it away. Im currently using Pehla which is a bit expensive but gives actual DVD quality Indian and english boquet channels, and these look amazing on the tv.
I also download HD movies onto my laptop and connect it to my TV and HD looks outstanding, but a Full HD 40 minute TVshow is 8GB so its a waste of time downloading but its amazing.
I think you might be comparing the quality of TV coming on ur set against the images they show in the Sony Showroom.
In the sony shop they put on HD movies and currently the only way to get content of that quality in India is PS3.

Well not really my friend, i own a PS3 + a Sony Bravia 26' aswell for gaming purposes. I have true HD clips on my system aswell but i primarily use my ps3 & sony TV for gaming.

You may think it's shere stupidity but i actually bought LG scarlett for it specs & more for it's looks....

Okay That pops another question .. which is better an LCD or a Plasma .. as i intend to get a larger one probably 46 inch one .. so someone said a plasma wud be better. However Sony does not have a plasma AFAIK..

Sushubh bhai we desperately need a sub-forum for LCD TVs now .. we have gone way off the topic:ashamed:

well if u go for a plasma it has to be a pioneer kuro plasma followed by the Panasonic,and a FHD panel is a must for a 46inch tv unless u are sitting around 20 feet from the tv.
the next best would be the sony W400A series,the new sony X400A series are yet to be launched.yes sony doesnt sell plasma any more.
sony uses a SPVA panel made by jointly with samsung,however sony still produces more contrast and has a slightly better image processing then the samsung,offcourse the sony X400A series will be much better.

Back