I want to buy a computer chair

• Thread starter Thread starter Jonas
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 37
  • Views Views 3,852
ISP
Excitel
Airtel & Vi
The one that I have right now has one major issue, it's squeaky. And it's getting bad with each passing day.

I am using a chair made by some local manufacturer and is around 2 years old. Any input is highly appreciated.

Check the Amazon basics diff range. I am using one brought from prime day sale 2 years back.
Though it has few drawbacks here n there but nothing major to complain about and still comfortable.

Upvote 0
I used one for over a decade which had foam for both the seat & back rest. And I can tell you that a foam backrest is extremely hot & uncomfortable. Now you get one with backrests with a perforated fabric of some type which allows ventilation. You might see these types in banks & offices. I suggest you go for this type.

Upvote 0
I've this sort of a chair right now. I guess I should get it repaired if it's possible.

1589220462812.png

Upvote 0
squeakiness should be fixable with machine oil at the right places. i have been looking for a chair for a while too. the one i have right now falls down (shocker gives up probably because of weight and i slid down to the lowest height setting) on a random basis. i have gotten the shocker part replaced but it does not last for more than a few months so it is a recurring expense. probably would get one of the basic four legged chair eventually. no wheels but at least the thing would last for ever.

Upvote 0
I was thinking about investing in a good chair because Corona has increased screen time a lot. I've started doing exercise for posture, so that should obviously help. Shouldn't be asking this, but how much do a person have to weigh to change the shocker that often?

Upvote 0
Could be just a quality issue. Some companies do have a weight rating for their chairs. Amazon's mid range model was 110KG last time I checked.

Upvote 0

Back