Imgur (uploads) & Pinterest not working on ACT Hyderabad?

• Thread starter Thread starter aekae47
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 3,761

aekae47

ISP
Beam Fiber
I've been using ACT Hyderabad since many years (back when it as Beam) but recently have been facing a lot of issues. It blocks many websites which may or may not be illegal. These websites are accessible on Jio and other networks.

The most irritating one is that is has blocked in.pinterest.com (even though the app works and other subdomains like uk.pinterest.com and jp.pinterest.com work). And another one is that images are not being uploaded to Imgur.com at all. Always shows 'Failed to create post'. Both of these problems are not seen when I use Jio.

Screenshots:
OJFzyBJ.webp

09pMxuR.webp

I had complained to their Customer Care once but they closed the ticket without solving the problem. I don't even think they have the technical knowledge to understand and solve this problem. No idea what I can do. These websites are important to me in my daily work. Any ideas on what can I do?

Last edited by a moderator:
Imgur has disabled uploads for users who are not logged in. But you said that it works through JIO so I assume you are logged in.

Not working on Airtel either I guess they disabled anonymous uploads from certain countries. I was able to upload using a https proxy.

Try using an app like sharex :P

Yeah sharex seems like a good option since greenshot supported only imgur uploads.

if you do use sharex... you can select Lithiio Filesharing as well. it support all file types. but of course.... there are no guarantees if it would survive. slim.gr disappeared few weeks ago killing hundreds of images on the forum.

and if you use both chrome and sharex, do install this extension...

ShareX

Lightshot is the best alternative for Windows/Mac. Directly uploads on IMGUR and then you right click on the Image URL and copy the URL haha.

I am doing it since long.

Imgur is still the best though as I wanted to see all images I uploaded at one place. Also need a possible solution for the Pinterest issue..