India vs Australia: 4 Tests - Feb-Mar 2013

• Thread starter Thread starter mhsabir
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 262
  • Views Views 17,469
So who among Dravid, Sachin, Laxman & Ganguly he would have replaced in the middle order?

I'm not saying who he would have replaced. I just said that the main reason of him opening was lack of openers and not a packed a middle order.

In a way it was a mixture of both one can say. The point is that, had the regular openers being doing well, he might not have been picked in the XI itself, he got chances because Dasgupta was asked to open. And a No.7 slot which was available went to him and he did well, and when they had decided that Dasgupta is not the solution, they had two options a) Pick an opener and drop him or b)Ask him to open. They opted for the 2nd. So, in that sense he opened because openers were not doing well. But the bigger point is that, had there been a place in the middle order, they would have simply given him the spot & would have picked an opener.

Major changes for Australia but the interesting one is they have swapped Maxwell with Henriques. Gutsy move i'd say. But on the other hand, I'm really happy for Ajinkya making his debut. Hope he makes a century as well! :D

[color=rgb(51,51,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;]MS Dhoni could become the first Test captain in history to win a series 4-0 despite losing all the four tosses...[/color]

Australia 117/4
[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:13px;]Jadeja to Watson, [/color][color=rgb(0,0,102);font-family:arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:13px;font-weight:bold;]OUT[/color][color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:13px;], if you are an Australian captain, run away when you see Jadeja. Australian captains have batted seven times in this series, and Jadeja has got them out six times. Watson charges down this time, but the length is slightly shorter than his reach, and then Jadeja gets sharp turn from in front of leg to leave Watson stranded[/color]

[color=rgb(51,51,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;]Ashwin 25 wickets this series. The last Indian to claim 25+ wkts in a series: Anil Kumble (27) also vs Aus in 2004[/color]

[color=rgb(51,51,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,245,245);]Ashwin (25 wkts) needs 3 more wickets in this match, to overtake Kumble (27 wkts) for the best figures for an Indian in a 4 match series.[/color]

Back