• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 6,624

SVK

twitter.com/svknet
ISP
Jio Fiber, Airtel 5G
Forbes India: Maxx mobile, the Shanzhai warrior - Business News - IBNLive
The rise of local brands like Maxx, Micromax, Spice and Karbonn is arguably one of the fastest shake-ups the world has seen in a category that was both mature and dominated by well-entrenched brands like Nokia, Samsung and BlackBerry. In about two years, these newcomers have gone from under 1 per cent of the Indian mobile handset market to 17.5 per cent, collectively selling over 2 million phones every month.
Ajjay Agarwal's Maxx Mobiles is now the fifth largest mobile brand in India with a 4.7 per cent market share.
In fact, the pendulum swung so far that innovation began to be led by the newer players. Unrestricted by global supply chain, brand or regulatory requirements, they could create phones for customer needs that a big company like Nokia would consider too niche or transient. Dual- and triple-SIMs, phones claiming 30-day standby or AAA-batteries, GSM-CDMA combos, 12 megapixel cameras, alphabetically-arranged full keypads… Name it and some entrepreneur has already launched it.
Much of the market share gained by the new mobile handset companies in India has come from the leviathan Nokia, the big daddy of mobile phones. At one point the company had an unheard of market share of nearly 70 per cent in India. But thanks to a combination of lethargy on its part and nimble-footedness from the newer brands, that share is down to 54 per cent, according to IDC India.

So is it really worth to go for Indian brands of mobiles. Are they are just a short term device and we cannot expect longterm service from them?

im using micromax q7 from 2 months now and all i can say is that the phone is very good, doesnt hangs like my Nokia xpress music or n70 and the overall looks of the phone is great so there is no need for me to look around for other phones except android smart phones from htc :D

Me too using Nokia N95 from last 2 years, and want to change handset, and I am looking for good Android based (perhaps HTC) handset. I hope some of Indian brand now launch Android phone with affordable price :D

But, one feature I didn't like is Operating System, which is same in Micromax mobiles and all other china made mobiles.

had to make some amendments to the mmm rules of the forum. and had to add some keywords to the block list.

Ok, no issues, I just wanted to post reference link for the news. But if it violates forum rules, then I dont mind for link to be removed. Just people should not ask for source :)

well the problem is bigger. we need to stop copy/pasting entire content. and we need to stop referring to non authoritative sites. and i also do not want to continue getting complaints related to copyrights from people running those sites. my suggestion would be. either find a better source. or just post the rumor and let the user research for himself. of course, these rules suck. but for the time being i am sticking to them.

Back