India's broadband speeds are on a decline! We can thank ISP Fair Usage Policies for it...

• Thread starter Thread starter you12
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 4,338
well airtel probably has more customers than all the other regional players. only bsnl is likely to have more.

This all because Airtel provides good service and bsnl is every where.
But I will prefer airtel even though I have not used but I heard reviews.
I have been waiting for airtel since 2 years till bang with BSNL.

....and in 2011 it skyrocketed...
Net Index by Ookla - Household Download Index for India

You can't necessarily trust Ookla's results as they'll be skewed towards people who are running tests speedtest.net. Akamai on the other hand is giving just general data based on clients accessing it's CDN.

---------- Post added at 05:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 PM ----------

ALL moved toward FUP except reliance, tikona and some local companies.. That is why may be average speed affected.

Tikona? Tikona? Tikona has a fair usage policy. You pay so much for some plan, then if you exceed that they charge some money per MB up to some maximum and then your speed is reduced.

Tikona? Tikona? Tikona has a fair usage policy. You pay so much for some plan, then if you exceed that they charge some money per MB up to some maximum and then your speed is reduced.

Sorry but I was taking about unlimited tariff. Like BSNL have FUP ranging from 800 to 3k including business tariff.

People who are wondering about speed and money...

Look at this BT (British ISP) is giving 40 mbps unlimited plan at £25.60 (Around Rs 1700 ) and BSNL is giving 2mbps at Rs 3999.

Apart from the fact that BT isn't unlimited...

People who are wondering about speed and money...

Look at this BT (British ISP) is giving 40 mbps unlimited plan at £25.60 (Around Rs 1700 ) and BSNL is giving 2mbps at Rs 3999.

BT Broadband Telephone packages & great deals on broadband & phone

Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd.

I have used BT. First of all, don't be fooled that they give you that much speed at 28 GBP. There is extra 10 GBP/month line rental. The minimum contract length is 18 months. So once you sign up, you cannot disconnect/terminate the contract without paying 38 X 18 = 684 GBP. If you move house, your contract period is reset. So even if they give 40 mbps, its not a smooth sailing.

Most ISPs in the UK have FUPs. Sky and Virgin I think are the exceptions.

---------- Post added at 06:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 PM ----------

BTW Axel, awesome sig :D

Back