India’s First Web Browser ‘Epic’ launched

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 7160
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 6,073
D

Deleted member 7160

An Indian company Hidden Reflex based in Bangalore has launched India’s first ever web browser ‘Epic’. The Epic web browser is based on Mozilla platform and is claimed to be the first antivirus browser.

Epic supports a sidebar that allows creating documents in 12 regional Indian languages. Users can access latest national and regional news from popular publications and television channels, videos, stock quotes, live cricket scores, top music albums and local events.

Epic comes preinstalled with applications like facebook, Orkut, Gmail, games, file Backup, My Computer, a to-do-list, maps and so on. Epic also features Built in Antivirus, Malicious Website warnings and Anti-Phishing Protection.

I downloaded & Installed, But didnt liked it much.

Epic Browser

---------- Post added at 09:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 PM ----------

It also claims to have in-built anti-virus.

Our mission with the Epic browser is to create the most secure, most productive and most “Indian” browsing experience of any web browser!

aww.

waste of time. wud have been better if brain was used to make some other opensource software better or may be even supporting firefox for better.

Type in Indian Languages.

Type in Indian Languages.
Easily. EveryWhere
Also indian languages support.

Blazing Fast
Built on the latest Mozilla Firefox.
Tweaked for speed.
Faster Browsing.
Faster Downloads.

hehe. u can do that with the google indic bookmarklet. i bet they are using the same feature.

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 PM ----------

i really do not want to download it and install it to see what they are doing to making all these claims. :(

Flock (similar social browser) made switch to chrome! Lets see if this too :D

i do not see them releasing frequent updates because it takes a lot of effort to maintain a web browser.

unless of course if they just have to change some DLL files or other files for updating the rendering engine powering the browser.

anyways, it is a terrible idea to use a browser from some unknown company because there is no one to verify if they are not doing anything nasty.

---------- Post added at 06:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:22 AM ----------

using a web browser from some unknown company is almost similar to working on a public machine. you cannot trust anything on it!

web browser is probably the most important component on a machine after the operating system! probably more important than the OS.

i seriously want to download it and check it out. but really, do not want to go through the entire trouble. they have no screenshots on the site when i checked. so i cannot really tell if it is just a skinned browser or something totally different. they say it is based on mozilla firefox and not the gecko rendering engine so i can only assume that they have just modified the firefox browser and not developed a brand new user interface like flock did (i think).

Back