Intermittent LOS and PON blinking on HG323RW

• Thread starter Thread starter tobiaskuran
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 9,305
ISP
BSNL FTTH
I have been using this connection for over a year, everything was working fine until yesterday. I randomly see red LOS on ONT, which disappears after a few seconds and PON keeps blinking for some time. It becomes stable in a few minutes, but sometimes it takes up to an hour. It is random, I don't see any pattern here.
Below is the status when PON is stable:

Qc4Xota.webp

Model: Netlink HG323RW
Rx Power is always stable at -18dBm whenever I check. Bias current varies from 15mA to 19mA. Seen temperatures varying from 30C to 46C. Not sure if this is normal.

Checked with LCO, they say everything is normal at their end. Might need to get them here and check the signal, but the issue is random, so confused. I can't even troubleshoot these when the PON is blinking. When PON starts blinking, the WiFi network goes missing. It comes back after a while, but the ONT config page doesn't load until the PON is stable. Any ideas what could be the reason?

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a firmware for fixing pon light blinking issue in Netlink's official website.(Netlink firmwares)
I think the firmware is for hardware version 3.6.
Make sure the firmware is specific for your hardware before flashing it.

OR

You can contact Netlink's technical support and ask them to email you the specific firmware for your device.

This is possibly a firmware issue. I faced such an issue sometime ago. Save the config, reset ONT, upload the config and check to see if it occurs. If there is an updated firmware, flash it.

Thanks @AARON NASH and @sloj. My ONT is hardware version 1, firmware 1.0.35. LCO mentioned that it is the latest, didn't find newer ones on the website either.

I tried saving the config, resetting and restoring the config. But, the issue persisted.

I have 2 connections on the same fiber - one bridged to C6 and other in PPPOE. So, today afternoon, I completely reset the ONT and configured just one connection in bridge mode. No phone, no PPPOE, just a dump modem. It's been 4hrs and no issues so far. I'll probably wait until tomorrow and then configure PPPOE as well and check.

Back