Internet Surfing with BSNL Mobile Connection.

• Thread starter Thread starter deba007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 19,596
I have a BSNL GPRS Connection in postpaid. When I surf the internet it sometimes shows "E" for a moment and then the "E" goes off from the screen and then again it comes back. Why is this happening ? Is my area EDGE enabled. ?I am using Nokia 5800.Thanks.:)

Go menu--connectivity--GPRS always online. Now you will see 'E' always. Kolkata BSNL prepaid usre, use 167/-Unlimited GPRS for 30days. Kindly use easyrecharge for 167/-.

I am using a Nokia 5800 but I am not finding any "GPRS Always Online" option in the menu. there is GPRS When Available and GPRS When Needed , I have tried both the setting but the EDGE Logo is not showing.I stay in Central Kolkata.(2212 Exchange)Kindly help.

User Manual is silent on the issue.........

Help Please ....BSNL GPRS is sometimes showing "E" in Central Calcutta.:mad:

Kolkatta has excellent EDGE coverage. Speeds are also good. I am not sure why you are not getting EDGE coverage.

I have tried Airtel GPRS and BSNL GPRS , the Airtel is showing "E" always but the BSNL "E" vanishes after sometime...the speed of Airtel is better in my area...Is there any specific setting in the Nokia 5800 for this which prevents the "E" from vanishing.Kindly guide.

^^i think the problem in ur area is the network towercheck cell info display and tell me is ur area in cell info continuously changing ?????if the E is vanishing than ur signal is changing from one tower to another

Back