IP blocked from Vi. How do I get new Ip?

• Thread starter Thread starter Craft123
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 2,929
ISP
Airtel
Hi guys,

So in short, Vi unexpectedly blocked my Ip (I assume) and I’m not aware how do I request Vi to change it for me

So the issue started with mobile data not working. The mobile data takes almost 20 seconds to connect data and whenever I turn on data and put phone for sleep and turn it on, data stops working for 20 seconds again.

I tried every troubleshooting, including changing sim but it didn’t work

Later, I installed VPN and checked, and got to know that my internet perfectly works fine when connected to VPN, but as soon as I disconnect VPN, data issues come back

This solely means my Ip address has been blacklisted by them (for I don’t know what reason)

Contacted Vi customer support and they don’t know what is the issue here and tells me everything is fine

Also to note that my usage of 1.5G. data does not count, which means even after I use 1.5GB data, the usage shows 0 and data available is always 1.5GB

Can y’all kindly help me on how should I get my IPv4 updated?

Does VI provide static IP to mobile users? I don't think so. A phone reboot or turning flight mode on and off should change the IP.

Last edited:
Yeah, I just checked that indeed Ip is dynamic when I restarted my phone, thanks.
I’m unaware now, why is there internet issues then, when Ip is dynamic.
Why is internet working fine When connected to VPN but doesn’t work properly when not connected
Ideally it is reverse but I don’t know what’s wrong in my case

Which Circle?
If you have an old sim this could be an issue.
Also, I too sometimes get the "!" Symbol on my Vi network when I turn on the data but I haven't faced issue like this.

Try on a different device and if it still doesn't work then try with a different Vi sim. If issue persists on both sims then it's a site issue else device or SIM issue depending upon the outcome of testing.

I'm personally using Vi since 2021 so I can say this is something which could happen sometimes but not in this way.

Hi, I had doubt if this could be sim issue so I upgraded to E-sim, but alas I still face the issue. No I do not get ! Instead, it shows 4G icon. This issue is specially for my phone number only, I have another friend of mine using Vi and their network works just fine, so I don’t think this is tower related issue. Also it is not a device issue since all other Networks work fine on my phone, and I also installed my sim before upgrading to e-sim on other device, and I faced similar issue on that device too

Then my best advice would be to go to their store and show the issue to their reps. They will help you. If they couldn't then possibly they'll escalate this further to their higher level technical team.

I suggest you to get still with your words. Insist them to call their manager. They're typically techy people who will help you. Try this and let us know

Back