IPv6: Can't connect to certain IPv6 addresses.

• Thread starter Thread starter pr0m3th3u5
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 852
ISP
BSNL
I have a VPS that can I connect to and do all sorts of things using it's IPv4 address. But I can't do the same using IPv6.

First I do have IPv6 connectivity. Many IPv6 test websites confirm the same. I can ping IPv6 addresses of various DNS services.

But I can't ping the IPv6 address of my VPS. If I use an online service like ping.eu I can ping the VPS using IPv6 address.

So what's happening?!

Why can't I ping my VPS using IPv6 from my machine but can do it from any where? But then again why can I ping an address like 2001:4860:4860::8888 from the same machine?

Could be that the network is restricted. Try using WARP on the machine and test again.

I don't know what happened but it's working now. I can connect to my VPS with IPv6 using both WARP and plain old BSNL.

Anyway this is the what the VPS support told me after I sent them some diagnostics (mtr):
I'm coming back to you following feedback from the engineers, who tell us that after analyzing the MTR, it appears that the problem isn't with the instance or even the ports, but rather with the routing, with a blockage at the penultimate hop, which is an Indian ip. This is what's causing the problem with the SSH connection in ipv6.

Back