IPv6 Stopped working on my BSNL FTTH

• Thread starter Thread starter Audioctor
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 909
ISP
Reliance Jio
Hello All.
IPv6 has stopped working on my BSNL FTTH in Raipur, Chhattisgarh.
My devices are being assigned IPv6 address but I am unable to ping IPv6 addresses like ipv6.google.com.
I first noticed this about 15 - 20 days ago. Have also raised a complaint with BSNL on 26/08/24, which is still "In progress" .
I feel it has affected the speed of my connection.
Wondering if there is anything I can try/do at my end?

Are you sure addresses are public and not link-local address? Could be a temporary issue on their end too.

My ONT WAN profile shows a Public Address starting 2001:4490. My PC has also been assigned an address in the same series, while it shows a link local address separately.
So I believe it is a Public address.

Disable IPv6 for now till the complain is resolved. If you keep it enabled the system will prefer IPv6 first and cause issues.

Have done that. But, I am wondering : Isn't 15 Days enough to resolve this issue? It's well past that, since I first raised the complaint.

Try escalating the issue using PGRMS site.

Did that too. Filed a grievance on 16/09/24. Things did move a bit. Finally BSNL people informed that the issue was resolved and asked me to check. I checked in the evening and still it didn't work. But, to my surprise, BSNL GM had already filed for closure of the grievance even before I could confirm!! He said in his reply that the issue had been resolved!! Hence, I just filed an appeal, this Morning, to counter.

I haven't used the PGRMS site but they used to close the selfcare complaints as resolved the next day after complaining and then started working on fixing the issues. Check again day or two later.

Finally... The efforts have paid off. IPv6 on my FTTH is back UP. In fact, I got a confirmation message at 10 in the morning the very next day of filing my appeal. So something did keep them up overnight.... I believe it was the Grievance and Appeal.

Anyway, what matters is that the thing is working.

In the past also, I have had positive results of persisting with BSNL issues and raising them on CPGRAMS.

This is a message to all out there... Raise your voice on the right platforms and you can get things done in India. 😀😀

Back