IPV6 stops working after some time.

• Thread starter Thread starter TJ10
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1
  • Views Views 494
ISP
Airtel
Hey guys,

Most of you who've seen my posts before might know how much I lament about IPV6 packets being dropped on my home network setup.

I am currently out of every single option that I can tweak and maybe try and fix the issue. So I'm here, asking you all for help.

What the issue is-
2 routers in my setup -
  • Airtel Provided - Nokia G-2425G-A. Unlocked. Running on the latest s/w version(I think)
  • ACT Provided - TP-Link Archer C50. Running on ACTs customized firmware.
I only use Airtel at my home. The only gateway in my home is the Nokia. The TP-Link is connected to the Nokia via WDS and it acts as an extender to the other side of the house, where my room is.

I use a Windows 11 laptop and an Android 14 phone. The laptop does not have any issues with the setup and works flawlessly while my Android phone seems to drop IPV6 connectivity every 30 mins or so. I use a lot of social media on the phone - Snapchat, WhatsApp, Instagram, Reddit and Telegram.

When IPV6 drops, each app has symptoms and ultimately end up bricking themselves. Snap stops sending and receiving messages, Instagram reels stop loading and DMS take more than 10 seconds to send per message, Reddit infinitely loads but content does not appear, Telegram gets stuck on "Connecting" and does not update new messages.

To fix this, I switch off and on WiFi on my phone and use it till it breaks again. THIS ONLY HAPPENS WHEN MY PHONE IS CONNECTED TO THE TP-LINK. WHEN, CONNECTED TO THE NOKIA, EVERYTHING WORKS FINE AS LONG AS I'M CONNECTED TO IT.

Previously, we had a ZTE Router from Airtel which worked absolutely flawless with the TP-Link. I've searched on Google, Reddit and everywhere but everything points me to the Nokia which makes me think there's something I still need to configure for my setup but I'm absolutely blank on what it could be. This is where I need your help.

Please do not suggest turning off IPV6 on my network because that is not a solution, it is a workaround and I am not interested in workarounds :)

Thanks.

Update - NVM, The issue seems fixed with lower RA Message intervals. Mods/Admins please close this thread.

Back