Is changing my current mobile no. possible?

• Thread starter Thread starter dejan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 4,666

dejan

Regular
I got banned!
ISP
Airtel
I have a prepaid series mobile no. which I converted to postpaid. But when I tell people that this no. is postpaid, they don't believe me because that particular no. series is normally prepaid. I want to change my no. to a postpaid series mobile no. while retaining all current services like name tunes, postpaid credit limit etc Is it possible? And is it worth to go through the hassle just for changing to a premium no. series?

As far as I know there's no specified series for postpaid and prepaid.

I know there isn't. But there are lot of premium series nos. like 98100001 series etc which I need to impress my friends. Is it possible to switch to a new no. while retaining current nos. services?

Ok and then convert my current postpaid no. to prepaid so that linked services like Aadhaar and PAN card are still accessible. Awesome

You can very well convert your current postpaid number to a prepaid number. I did this 6 months back.

BTW, That was Vodafone and Karnataka circle.

Premium numbers are a waste of money, unless of course you're running some business on that number or something! Instead ask the store people to give you an easy to remember number, you're most likely to get a good number for free!

airtel has number change service in postpaid if I remember correctly.
Just visit airtel store nearby. better visit co owned outlet than a franchise.

Premium numbers are a waste of money, unless of course you're running some business on that number or something! Instead ask the store people to give you an easy to remember number, you're most likely to get a good number for free!

You have a point. But my point is that no point sticking to a prepaid series no. when I'm paying the same amount for postpaid

Actually, you know what? you're right. There is no need to switch to any 'premium nos'. All nos are the same. Thanks for your advice. I'm going to stick to my current no.

Back