Is it a good decision to disconnect BSNL Broadband?

• Thread starter Thread starter rameshbritto
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 2,527
if you have a good alternative available to you. just dump bsnl.
the only reason left to use bsnl is if you cannot dump the connected landline number.
i have a few family members who are still paying for mtnl connections just because the landline number has been distributed across the family for more than 20 years now.

For such cases, you could go for the BSNL Aseem plan where they forward the calls to a mobile number of your choice for Rs 199 + tax a year (Rs 99 + tax if forwarded to a BSNL number) This would allow you get the incoming calls and gradually switch to a new number. Even if you have to keep it forever, the service is pretty cheap IMO. Pair it with a FWP device and you have a wireless land phone.

airtel should launch such a plan lol.

There's no formal announcement yet but the buzz on the web is that BSNL is going to introduce two new FTTH plans namely Fibro Combo ULD 777 and Fibro Combo ULD 1277 with speeds of up to 50 Mbps soon (from June 12, 2018 on a pan India basis apparently) with FUP's of 500Gb and 750Gb respectively. Post-FUP speed will reduce to 2 Mbps. It will also come with unlimited voice calling benefit to any network in the country. After the introduction of three new plans of 99, 199 and 299 BSNL is on a launching spree to lure more customers. Apparently these new plans will be for new customers but I think old customers can also switch to them.

Last edited:
Not sure which one's happening faster, Donald Trump's tweets or BSNL launching a new plan every other day.

249 plan, 8 mbps speed.

1099 plan, 10 mbps speed.

399 plan, 20 mbps speed.

Now 777 plan, 50 mbps speed.

They have to calm the f down and balance out the plans FFS. And send apology to the users who are paying any more than 500 and getting like 2 mbps speed still. Though most BSNL users are like my mother, who don't know jacksh!t about speeds or limits anyway, so why bother!

Back