Is it ok if we switch off the adapter during night time ?

• Thread starter Thread starter ~Hami~
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 1,754

~Hami~

Regulars
ISP
Airtel
hi guys.. just tell me whether we shall switch off the adapter of Tata Sky stb during night time?....whn tatasky was installed that person(who installed) told me that the stb should be in standby mode, so that u ll gt the alerts...i now have this doubt... if i switch off the stb and take out the adapter..., meanwhile any new channel is launched during that time, even if i hadn't received the alert, will i get the channel ?

The STB can be switched on only when you want to watch tv. It can be off (pulled off the mains) during night time or when you don't watch for long hours. When power is switched on, you have to wait for less than a minute for the STB to initialize, load channels and download programme guide. You will get all the alerts and newly introduced channels, if any.I would recommend switching off both the tv and stb, even when you take a break from tv for more than 30 minutes. You will save precious energy.The trend now is to switch off and not to go into standby mode.

Nope. Most people go into Standby rather than shuting it off completely.

Rightly said, STB switching off makes no harm, but it does saves lots of energy, and regarding alerts, we can receive them when STB is powered on in morning. [I do the same thing, and never missed any alerts or upgrades so far]

Back