Is there any Operator on forum can provide me airtel internet connection in Biharsharif , Nalanda ?

• Thread starter Thread starter atif_imam
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 61
  • Views Views 6,867
You should perform multiple speed tests in a day.
If you have very consistent speeds throughout the day then you can say that it is a good ISP.
Ping should be less than 25-30 ms to everywhere where there is peering like Google , AWS , Fastly , Azure , Netflix
When you are loading a website if you feel the website is taking too long to load then it might be a congestion in the network
This is actually important . The daily downtime of the service should not be more than 30 minutes if there is no fiber cut. (You can monitor this by using PRTG network monitor)
If you have a fibre cut you can expect 4-24 hours or more depending on ISP and location. A good ISP will make sure to patch it ASAP

Make sure you do all the tests , and on a LAN cable

Last edited:
Well based on your tracert , try to apply for that Gaming IP or static IP(if they provide at premium) on RailWire, see if it improves QoS:

Your routes just tell me one thing: Too many routers in between which heavily loaded(more likely this is the case)

60 ms to google DNS is very bad

Here is your shortened tracert:
1 1 ms 1 ms 1 ms 192.168.0.1
......Routers playing PING PONG with your packet.......
8 17 ms 17 ms 16 ms 172.31.184.59 ---> Main REGIONAL router of RailWire
9 64 ms 23 ms 18 ms 125.18.192.93 ---> Here your packets are offloaded to Airtel
10 59 ms 59 ms 59 ms 182.79.198.2
11 52 ms 51 ms 55 ms 72.14.216.192 ---> You enter the Google's DC
12 63 ms 60 ms 61 ms 216.239.54.67
13 52 ms 55 ms 54 ms 142.250.228.221
14 60 ms 60 ms 60 ms dns.google [8.8.8.8] --> You get to the Google's Server in DC which handles DNS

Based on this , your pings to US EAST in best case scenario is 240 ms but more likely in 260-280 ms

This setup is not suitable for Work purpose.[if the pings are so bad for GDNS, VPNizing over GCloud won't help]

Try if there is any local ISP/ISP reseller who offers leased line, you might not get high bandwidth but if 10 Mbps leased connection works for your Amzn desktop then its great.

Ask your employer to compensate the bill.

@Realme . Thank you for the analysis . Yes my roundtrip for us-east keeps on fluctuating between 300-400 ms. You told that data is offloaded to airtel . Does it mean railwire is using airtel's network in backend ?

60 ms to google DNS is very bad
We have the same ping on Airtel Xstream fiber here in Patna. So, basically it's okay as per our location. I have tried a number of ISPs here from local (Siti, Instanet, Shikhar, etc) to Airtel and all have similar pings. A few weeks back few assigned Airtel IPs used to have the best 35ms ping for google DNS. but now all have the same around 50-60ms ping.

Yes RailWaire are likely using Airtel as (final) TRANSIT

125 series IP in India are mostly owned by Airtel, based on ping of 20 ms, I approximate this TRANSIT server which takes your traffic from RailWire is located somewhere in Delhi/Noida.

From Delhi to Mumbai: Add 23-25 ms
From Delhi to Chennai : Add 35 ms
US Pings: 223 in ideal lease line(you will never get this unless you are someone very big)
Look For 240ms or upwards
Total: 20 + 25 + 245 ~ 290 ms if you are lucky,

GDNS is mostly hosted inside Airtels' DC

CF-DNS uses both TATA in Mumbai and Airtel's DC

Pray that Kolkata sea cable project takes off the ground soon. :p

Back