Is your current mobile plan better than the offerings from Reliance Jio for your usage?

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 90
  • Views Views 32,501

Do you plan to migrate your primary number to Reliance Jio?

• Total voters

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
dunno. their plans does not work for a lot of people. does not even work for me right now. my monthly expenditure on phone is less than 300 bucks and most of that money goes on 1GB recharge of Airtel 4G. assuming airtel drops the prices of 1GB, it becomes cheaper for me. on jio, i would need to either subscribe for Rs. 299 for 21 days or Rs. 499 for 28 days plan.

mom my does not need wireless data. her primary use is calling. and i doubt she makes enough calls for the Rs. 499 plan. so jio does not work for her as well. my dad won't switch to a smartphone so he is out of the question as well.

@mallumax is the only person who seems to be happy with their plans.

Reactions: Sai
dunno. their plans does not work for a lot of people. does not even work for me right now. my monthly expenditure on phone is less than 300 bucks and most of that money goes on 1GB recharge of Airtel 4G. assuming airtel drops the prices of 1GB, it becomes cheaper for me. on jio, i would need to either subscribe for Rs. 299 for 21 days or Rs. 499 for 28 days plan.

mom my does not need wireless data. her primary use is calling. and i doubt she makes enough calls for the Rs. 499 plan. so jio does not work for her as well. my dad won't switch to a smartphone so he is out of the question as well.
This. I spend 241rs for 1GB for 28 days. and 100rs top up for recharge. reliance jio isn't much of a difference for me/ I was hoping for 1gb for 100 bucks. and disappointed.

@mallumax is the only person who seems to be happy with their plans.

From my current plan (Vodafone Red - 499), I either pay 200 Rs/month less and get slightly better benefits (with a better network coverage) or pay the same and get 4 times the data. No brainer for me.

From what I see there are a couple of types people who disappointed with Jio's plan

1. Those who want to use Jio as a replacement for wireline broadband and are very heavy users. This is quite unrealistic. (I don't think anyone other than BSNL is going to offer an unlimited plan)
2. Those who use very less data and very less calls and hence they are ignoring the value of voice calls.

For people who use both moderate data and voice, Jio plans are great IMO. I use 300mins of voice and would like 1GB of data. I can't find a better plan than what Jio offers from Airtel/Vodafone in mumbai circle. So yes, I'm happy with Jio plans :)

I'm paying rs 275 for voice and rs 312 for patchy 3g Mtnl 4 GB data. So switching to 499 plan makes sense to me. Being a professional made me go postpaid from prepaid as I couldn't run out of money to call, so free calls on jio prepaid would be a big plus for me. And also convenience of a single SIM.

Similar to many others here. I don't use much data as there's WiFi available at home and work and friends' places. Even with the ~Rs. 250 1GB recharge of Airtel for 28 days, I usually have some 100 MB data left at the end of the month. Voice calls and SMS never go more than a 100 bucks. So Reliance offers absolutely no advantage to me. Even with their Rs. 300 2GB for 21 days plan, I'd be spending more than 400 a month, much more than I'm spending with Airtel.

Furthermore, I'm wary of the quality of network and calls with Reliance. And waiting for Airtel to reduce the rates for its 28 day plan.

From my current plan (Vodafone Red - 499),
2. Those who use very less data and very less calls and hence they are ignoring the value of voice calls.
Call charges are pretty low anways. and incoming/roaming is free on bsnl. So not much difference there

Most of you forgot the point. They have data topup plans with 151/GB, 251 for 2 GB . So for 300 (149 Base Plan + 151 for 1 GB) you get 1.3 GB of data with unlimited calls. No one offers these kind of plans at this price range.

Back