Is your current mobile plan better than the offerings from Reliance Jio for your usage?

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 90
  • Views Views 32,502

Do you plan to migrate your primary number to Reliance Jio?

• Total voters
1. Those who want to use Jio as a replacement for wireline broadband and are very heavy users. This is quite unrealistic. (I don't think anyone other than BSNL is going to offer an unlimited plan)
Yes I am the first type of person, living in a tier-3 city left with no choice other than BSNL BB. So I made a distance from BSNL wireline. I was expecting special plans for JioFI user with FUP of 1mbps or more(I guess expecting 1mbps post fup is not an over expectation for 4G network )

@d5aqoëp
Try Freecharge it has enabled facility of auto-recharge on end of plans.

Vodafone Postpaid user here. I'm on a Corporate Plan, where I get 1.5 GB data and 1,500 minutes calling for ₹760/month (taxes included). I'm definitely interested in their ₹499 plan, but the fact that it's Reliance keeps putting me off. There are chances that these plans will be changed once 2017 begins.

I'll be taking the wait and watch route on how the whole thing plays out from tomorrow.

My dad uses ~5000 minutes a month and ~2GB data. He pays Vodafone 1699 for a plan with unlimited calling and 6GB data.

I use ~4GB data and ~1000 a minutes month. Costs me ~1000 on Airtel Prepaid

My sister uses 3-4GB and 3-4000 minutes a month. Costs her ~1599 on Airtel Postpaid.

All of us could switch to the 499 plan and save a lot of money. So definitely works for me.

(Assuming network quality etc. is good). I'll definitely port into Reliance.

I have an Airtel corporate plan and my per month usage comes out to around 800 Rs (with 2GB data). So definitely works for me. Parents have an Airtel landline which has free calling and their data requirements are met with the wifi we have at home. So I guess it won;t be of much use to them.

@Ouch You don't have to be on 499 to make free calls.150 is enough.It might work out for your mother.

I think VoLTE calls consume data (Approx. 8 MB per 1 minute) For 499 plan for 4GB we can make 512 minutes of calls. Is it worth?

^^ I am under the impression that VOLTE calls won't eat from your existing data plan.

Volte calls can be made with mobile data switched off too. And as already discussed, the data usage towards calls won't get deducted from the data allowance.

Back