Is your current mobile plan better than the offerings from Reliance Jio for your usage?

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 90
  • Views Views 32,502

Do you plan to migrate your primary number to Reliance Jio?

• Total voters
I might be the one. I pay 150 for 2GB 4G and unlimited 2G (old postpaid plan. was 3G and 2G but got upgraded to 4G). If i switch to 2G, even if i have data left, it doesnt count towards it. and after my cap is exhausted, i still get about 700-1000Kbps down on H+ so working great for me. I have 1000mins v2v, 1000mins m2m calls and 100 mins to landline. plus 1000 SMS. i never use all of them so unlimited is not for me. Plus vodafone has faster speeds and better signal for me. I have friends who have got the preview sims and they dont have signal at my college and barely any at home. I have full signal at both. Plus i get better speeds on vodafone. All for Rs.382. To me as it stands, jio is actually costly. If they improve the last mile network and have proper 1 month plans on postpaid i might move but currently there just isn't any reason to. Plus I love the service i have been having with vodafone. Never had any big problems. My sim wasn't activated when i switched to 4G SIM and they handled it within an hour. I was 10 mins tops on phone. Got sim late in afternoon, was active by night. Compare that to 3 days wait time.

Last edited:
I think we need to embrace the 21-day plan.

499 plan (28d) over a year works to about ₹6505.
299 plan (21d) over a year works to about ₹5200.

That's not a bad deal. I was looking to port to Idea but they would have given me 2 GB of 3G and 1000 L+N minutes every month, for ₹8270 over a year (599 a month).

Although the comparison may not be fair in general, because I'm comparing Jio Prepaid vs Idea Postpaid MNP plans. However, Jio works out for me.

I would even port my main number, but I'm having difficulty finding a reliable source on whether Moto G3 has VoLTE (probably yes) and whether Jio then supports it or not (probably not). Currently, it looks like Jio will be my data SIM.

Last edited:
I pay 150 for 2GB 4G and unlimited 2G (old postpaid plan. was 3G and 2G but got upgraded to 4G). If i switch to 2G, even if i have data left, it doesnt count towards it. and after my cap is exhausted, i still get about 700-1000Kbps down on H+ so working great for me. I have 1000mins v2v, 1000mins m2m calls and 100 mins to landline. plus 1000 SMS.

What trickery is this? What plan is this?

If Vodafone starts giving this Rs 382 plan to everyone, I don't think anybody will ever port to jio, or any other operator as a matter of fact.

They had this plan couple of years ago for 3G. 2GB 3G and 5GB 2G. I got it then. Then when they launched 4G, they upgraded all existing plans to 4G and while this plan was not available anymore, i got upgraded too. I noticed this when i finally got the 4G sim a few months ago. As for why it doesnt count 2G data when i have balance in cap, i dont know. Plus if I force 3G, i get about 1 down, which is not bad at all. Plus after the change, it shows x GB used of unlimited for 2G data. I dont know if 5GB limit still applies but i haven't used that much.

Jio just had to launch a 1/2GB plan for Rs. 200/250 and they would have catered to a large segment of the market.

No, I would not port out my main number at this point of time to Jio. But I will keep my Jio number and use it almost forever especially for voice calling and night unlimited usage. I call hardly 4-5 times a month unless there is something important. So, it would not much difference anyways. I would probably also get another Jio number for our family phone for mom/dad especially for their unlimited calls etc. They need to call a lot to my married sister and relatives and so, that should help. They do not use data etc. but only voice (not even SMS).

I am more interested in the Jio FTTH and when that would launch.

We have a bsnl landline in home and its free after 9PM so my dad has it so that he can talk to many relatives some of who live in village and poor. Jio is probably god sent for them

I'm currently on airtel 299 CUG plan. AtoA 20p AtoO 30p. 300 free sms. 750mb 2g/3g. 900 local or std minutes

Dont know if i have to port to jio. As this is a good plan for me in airtel and this is my main number.

Dads on voda corp connection 300+tax for 1000min local/std 300sms 100mb 2g data.

Would port him to 149 plan. plus if he uses more data then 151/Gb addon. But before that i need to get jio sim and test it.

Back