Is your current mobile plan better than the offerings from Reliance Jio for your usage?

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 90
  • Views Views 32,501

Do you plan to migrate your primary number to Reliance Jio?

• Total voters
On airtel myfamily with 4 users, 999pm + (199 for 3 members annually) + taxes.
About 1250-1300 pm incl taxes
810 local + 320 std + 80 roaming outgoing + 4gb data (post usage 2g speeds) + 100sms...all shared among 4 members.

Waiting for Jio to come with a decent 299 postpaid otherwise I am staying put.

Airtel 260 for 1 gb, 300 recharge for calls. Total 560

Jio
for 149 300 mb + unlimited calls
149 gives 1 gb. Total: 298

Jio just had to launch a 1/2GB plan for Rs. 200/250 and they would have catered to a large segment of the market.
That is the biggest market segment, with highest number of users, and big effect on profits.
As long as possible, they will hold the price.

I currently have both Airtel and Vodafone. I am paying 255 for 1GB 4G on Airtel + 165 for 400 minutes calling on Vodafone postpaid. So in total ~400 for 1GB + 400 mins calling and it would seem I am a good candidate for 499 plan. But I will still not opt for Jio as primary number because:

1. Setup time: I can get Airtel and Vodafone sim and be set to use 4G in couple of hours. In comparison Jio seems to have improved not one bit since May. Retailers still have the "network is down" while uploading docs. And it takes nearly a day, sometimes even 7 days, to actually be up and running.

2. Call quality: Jio to Jio voice call is awesome in quality. Jio to Jio video call was awesome in quality, no stuttering or freezes but since last month it has gone down hill. And the issue with Jio to other operators is well known. One can blame Airtel, Vodafone etc for this but this is a Jio service issue. They need to find a way to get those interconnect points.

3. Data: I have broadband at home and wifi at office, so mostly 1GB is enough for me. What Jio added for me was data on the go. I was able to enjoy YT, movies or tv streaming. But given Jio's promise was data revolution it doesn't exactly do that with 4GB for 499. But the speeds have gone down each time they have added new users and am frankly not hopeful to get good speeds going forward.

4. Network - Since I bought the phone back in May, there has been rather miniscule improvement in Jio's overall network. Previously the indoor coverage was atrocious at best but with 850Mhz things have improved a bit. But still there are days like today where calling works but the data is down for some explicable reason. I can't seem to login to MyJio app too. In comparison, Airtel and Vodafone combined offer me lot of overlaps and coverage.

while many of my friends are excited by the plans they have been put off by "up to 7 days" activation. And if they don't get the sim I would want to use a primary sim with a call ratio of 10% - 1 call per 10 tries. Data for me has rather all over the map - sometimes really awesome and then sometime, like today, absolutely useless. Speeds indoors, on 850 Mhz has been near 2-3 Mbps. Much slower than Airtel 3G (8 Mbps) and Vodafone (16 Mbps). This in spite of multiple complains and "we are working on it" from Jio.

I'm paying rs 275 for voice and rs 312 for patchy 3g Mtnl 4 GB data. So switching to 499 plan makes sense to me. Being a professional made me go postpaid from prepaid as I couldn't run out of money to call, so free calls on jio prepaid would be a big plus for me. And also convenience of a single SIM.

since JIO's customer care appears to be leagues ahead of Rcom's in term of customer dissatisfaction, i think i will stay away from jio.

I am on airtel postpaid 299 plan.
I an getting 2GB 3G/4G data, 630 minutes of STD calls (I hardly use local), 200 Local/National SMS.Also, on top of that all local airtel calls at 30p/min, all non airtel local calls at 40p/min and all std calls at 50p/min.

So Airtel has offered me a corporate infinity plan with a discount of 300Rs. Now for a rental of 599 I get 5GB of 4G data and unlimited local, std, roaming and 100SMS per day. Honestly a better deal for me than Jio atm considering Jio's 4G speeds and call issues.

Back