ISP Extreme-IX Participation

@Thanos Its none other than our BSNL 😅 😅. They have listed as perring particpators, but their traffic never goes through extreme-IX .

Big ISPs do not need something like Extreme IX. They have peering stuff in house. They would need several 100 gbps bandwidth

@mikrotik I know they do private peering. Bandwidth is not the issue here. Because all these IX have unlisted port speed available. Jio does peer at international IX such as LINK and AMS-IX. They just want to charge for transit.

Curious why are you inquiring about this?

@Realme Developing something that wants to push a lot of balanced domestic traffic(10Gbps+) but doesn't want to cost me an arm and a leg for the transit.

develop it here and execute it using european transit providers they won't be cheap($500/month min dor dedi 1-10gbps) but not as expensive as here.

paging @C3PO and @swapneelp , they are the insiders here

Last edited:
@Realme I do have multiple 10Gigs uplinks and IX peering in Europe that's not the problem. This particular product needs domestic traffic with low latency. Traffic won't even go outside India. I'm just trying to get a list of providers who don't peer at Extreme-IX so I can try to make a private deal with them.

Insiders?

@Thanos

Apart from Telcos - Airtel, Jio, Voda, BSNL and MTNL, most of the major ISPs in India are connected to EIX.

Further, if you want to start something in India, you don't wait for 100% answers. If there are 60% answers, you should start and improvise for further growth. If you keep waiting in India to start only if you have 100% answers, maybe you will never be able to start ever.

Better, get connected to Extreme IX.

Back