ISP Extreme-IX Participation

low latency.
-->This is hard to achieve in India except for Airtel/BSNL, I believe.

These guys were in telecom directly and indirectly, if you come up with serious offer/deal they might be able to leverage their contacts.

@raunakam Thank you for your input.

I already have an agreement with Extreme-IX and in talks with Jio for a possible private peering. India was never my market. But I do see an opportunity here now. Just trying to get some feedback before jumping the ship.

if you've good relation with semi-/govt officials, try to get hold of NOC/NIB guys at state owned telecoms, even lower position guys there have lot of info about ground-up available info in india( as bsnl has started its data centre venture too).

Since you are already in market, I suppose you have peers in the industry too? (going throught govt officials is the best possible channel here ;)

-->This is hard to achieve in India except for Airtel/BSNL, I believe.

These guys were in telecom directly and indirectly, if you come up with serious offer/deal they might be able to leverage their contacts.

Anything below 70 is acceptable for me. My main concern is the transit cost for this traffic.
Okay. Let's see if they have can provide some input.

if you've good relation with semi-/govt officials, try to get hold of NOC/NIB guys at state owned telecoms, even lower position guys there have lot of info about ground-up available info in india( as bsnl has started its data centre venture too).

Since you are already in market, I suppose you have peers in the industry too? (going throught govt officials is the best possible channel here ;)

I know couple of peoples but they can't put pressure on NOC guys. BSNL will need a proper agreement for these sorts of things. Moreover, this is a commercial product so I can't use those people.

I do have peers in the international market such as GTT, NTT, Cogent, Equinix, etc. But they can't help me here. My only presence in India is couple of racks at Mumbai for testing purposes.

Anyway, I hope for the best.

Moreover, this is a commercial product so I can't use those people.

This is how India works, I am not asking you to use them directly but leverage them for internal info and bidding your cause, bsnl higher official are not as stupid as people think here but with every PSU they are bound by paperwork/bureaucratic scare unless upper political ppl get into scene.

When officials there know you or people there can do your bid to officials, things are done fast....

If you are serious with investment, personal visits are more efficient than business emails here.(they might agree or not but try to get their info and pay a visit to them)

If this route is not suitable for you then I believe none except Airtel(or jio possibly) can help.

When it come to anything related to IT, India is always go big (lotta funding/ cost arm and leg) or nothing (not enough money for them to move their gears).

just like ppl say some products were too advance for their time hence didn't survived market, you might have to bide your time.

@Realme I totally understand. First, let me contact them officially to check if they are open for a settlement-free or a paid peering. If they don't respond I will send the bat signal. :)

I'm in talk with jio. I have no idea about the market share of these providers. Only after the beta is out I will know the traffic pattern.

By any chance is your product an online game streaming platform like stadia? , just guessing :p

Hehe. No, it's not :). My usual domain is enterprise softwares and fintech. This particular software is our first consumer product. Nothing related to gaming !.

Back