It goes on to say"Connecting through WAN Miniport (PPPOE)

• Thread starter Thread starter aruktm
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 11,775

aruktm

ISP
BSNL Broadband
It goes on to say"Connecting through WAN Miniport (PPPOE) Error 676 The phone line is busy"................:wall::wall:

HELP............

@members/aruktm/welcome to broadbandforum.coClick Start, Settings, Control Panel, Internet Options, "Connections" tab, check the box, "Never dial a connection", "Apply", OK. Plese mention modem model. Is it first atempt to connect , or you could connect to Internet earlier ?

Error 676 The phone line is busy

Your modem settings are messed up. Reset your modem.

Mention the make and model of your modem and also mention the city/town where this connection is present. :)

I would suggest u delete the existing connection from the Network Connections and create a new connection. Also try connecting using pppoe mode in the router, see if it gets connected...:)

The same problem I am facing ,I tried the above solutions but nothing happened.My 750+plan worked without any problem in beginning ,the month when I subscribed the plan.I am facing the problem for 4 to 5 days.I have to reset my router several times frustratingly to connect to broadband.To solve it I did these :1)put service name as dataone2)changed mode to bridged3)recreated the connectionBut problem still persists. :(please help best regards,Spectre

have you tried giving details in the router and try whether it connects automatically as Cool_Techie said ?

Line having noise? IF so, lodge a complaint in bsnl ! tell them the line is having noise. Dont tell internet is having issues. Let them first clear the line issue, then you can tell about Internet disconnection. It used to happen to me (frequent disconnection) during line noise ! now it seems fine !

Last edited by a moderator:
have you tried giving details in the router and try whether it connects automatically as Cool_Techie said ?

I don't know how to configure ppope mode so that I can connect automatically.

my router model is : UT300R2U

As to noise in phone, no there is no noise in phone it's just fine.

best regards,
Spectre

I don't know how to configure ppope mode so that I can connect automatically.

login to http://192.168.1.1 (router page)

Login admin/admin (username/password) /unless you have changed

Go to Advanced setup ? (or setup) ?

Click WAN, edit :
VPI :0
VCI :35

Service category (if there is an option) :UBR without PCR

Connection type : PPPoE (ppp over ethernet)
Encapsulation type :LLC/SNAP- Bridging
Username :
Password :
Authentication method :Auto
Enable: NaT/Firewall
Save/Reboot

and see the status (Device info/status)

Please reply if you have any doubts !

Back