Its Official: Bsnl To Introduce Speeds Upto 2 Mbps From January. And Download Limits For All Plans T

• Thread starter Thread starter qwerty
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 167
  • Views Views 36,305
QUOTE(Sushubh @ Dec 27 2006, 11:31 PM) [snapback]71995[/snapback]
do not even start talking about china.

indian government might suck. atleast they dont suck us the way chinese do.

btw. i had like to see one example where providing broadband access has helped a nation prosper. they talk abt the USD 100 laptop. the indian government rejected the whole concept on the base that let us feed them first. technology can wait. i think they have a point in that. we are in bigger mess when compared to lack of speeds at our homes. they suck at fixing the basics. they are atleast doing something to fix our net connectivity...[/b]

The Indian governments over the past 30 odd years that I have seen has been trying to eradicate poverty and illiteracy. Now if they actually achieve that who would vote for them? Its these empty promises that gets them their votes.

QUOTE(suleman khan @ Dec 28 2006, 11:15 AM) [snapback]72023[/snapback]
You got to wait for 2mbps downloads

check this out
http://www.financialexpress.com/fe_full_st...ntent_id=150021[/b]
yeah but dat article says that all existing customers will be upgraded so we wont have to wait. i also talked on dataone helpline and was told that night ul will be from 8 p.m. to 8 a.m. i was gonna switch to ul900 but now i will stay with h500 for now

QUOTE(seshu @ Dec 28 2006, 10:45 AM) [snapback]72021[/snapback]
^ if the minimum hire period (one month) is completed
then one can change the plan from UL900 to Home 500 .

However , we are not sure that the data speeds can be
upto 2 Mbps . I'd suggest to wait & watch for one month
before changing the plan ...[/b]
yeah one of my relatives is an engineer with bsnl and i came to know that 'upto 2 mbps' and 'whenever technically feasible' clauses are there because bsnl doesn't want to run into trouble with trai as trai regulations say that one has to give at least 80% of the promised bandwidth all the time. so our account will show 2 mbps but the actual speed experinced maybe 1 to 1.5 mbps at most times. also the speed decreases with distance so only those who are within 4 km of the exchange will be able to get 2 mbps anytime. thost who are 6 km or more away are not likely to get more than 1 mbps at any time

QUOTE(james007 @ Dec 28 2006, 11:36 AM) [snapback]72030[/snapback]
yeah but dat article says that all existing customers will be upgraded so we wont have to wait. i also talked on dataone helpline and was told that night ul will be from 8 p.m. to 8 a.m. i was gonna switch to ul900 but now i will stay with h500 for now
yeah one of my relatives is an engineer with bsnl and i came to know that 'upto 2 mbps' and 'whenever technically feasible' clauses are there because bsnl doesn't want to run into trouble with trai as trai regulations say that one has to give at least 80% of the promised bandwidth all the time. so our account will show 2 mbps but the actual speed experinced maybe 1 to 1.5 mbps at most times. also the speed decreases with distance so only those who are within 4 km of the exchange will be able to get 2 mbps anytime. thost who are 6 km or more away are not likely to get more than 1 mbps at any time[/b]

thanks james for info

now im going to change my H900 to H500 to get 2mbps my exchange distance only 2 km.

i need speed. ;)

i still wish they increase 900 plan to atleast 512kbps . :ph34r:

QUOTE(suleman khan @ Dec 28 2006, 11:44 AM) [snapback]72032[/snapback]
thanks james for info

now im going to change my H900 to H500 to get 2mbps my exchange distance only 2 km.

i need speed. ;)
i still wish they increase 900 plan to atleast 512kbps . :ph34r:[/b]
if ur line condition is good then u will surely get 200KBPS+ download speeds at most times

QUOTE(james007 @ Dec 28 2006, 11:50 AM) [snapback]72033[/snapback]
if ur line condition is good then u will surely get 200KBPS+ download speeds at most times[/b]
i m 3.5 km away from exchange and expect to get 1.5 mbps at most times

:huh: QUOTE(suleman khan @ Dec 28 2006, 12:02 PM) [snapback]72035[/snapback]
My average download speed is 32-36

see screenshot
http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/6906/myspeedwe7.jpg[/b]
i get 30-32 at most times

bsnl is way too lazy. they will put the new plans on their site after they are launched

Broadband at last is becoming broader with decent plans as of now. The whole thing is getting exciting. Now for the right content and not going overboard. I still keep my fingers crossed.

Back